Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/27/2008 2:03:46 PM EDT
Only one date unless I fill up and I need to find another place for Sunday. The Community Center isn't available on Sunday so I rented a big room for Saturday.

I have 2 sessions, 8am till noon, and 1pm till 5pm.

If you are going to attend, I need you to email me with your name and contact information along with which session you are going to attend. I'll be taking names and putting a list together. You need to email me to reserve a spot. Calling for information will be fine at 309-737-2466, and I can take your name then - but I would much rather an email so I can print it out and put the information along with others for record keeping.

Cost will be $100 for the class and the cost of the room will be devided between the all who attend. The room costs $10 an hour so the room cost will be minimal. $68 will be submitted with the application to Utah State.

Take care and I look forward to the emails. I'll post directions to the Community Center soon.

See you there!
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 3:27:51 PM EDT
I am confused...

Is the CCW class just 4 hours? Only classroom? Not Range?

Obviously I haven't attended one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 5:01:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mfm691:
I am confused...

Is the CCW class just 4 hours? Only classroom? Not Range?

Obviously I haven't attended one.
Utah has a mandated curriculum that does not require a range exercise. It takes about 4 hours to go through all of what Utah requires as a class. In general, it is somewhat like a basic handgun class with additional legal emphasis included.

Yet, as simple as the process is, it is not the easiest permit to obtain! Some States have no permit process as it is their citizen's right! Some pay a fee, no class (PA NH). Some have a test (ND) but no class or range required. Utah....just the class. What makes it a popular permit is that it is honored in some 30 States...and the permit application to Utah...for a 5 year permit...is just $65.25...and it renews for $10. A bargain for those that travel!

See http://handgunlaw.us for a coverage map...
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 2:05:24 PM EDT
i hope this isnt off topic to much, but what ever happend to the bill going through congress (i think) that would allow the carry of a concealed weapon, in any state, as long as you have a CCW permit in another state? example.... living in illinois, having a utah CCW permit, and being able to carry here in illinois.......? anyone know where i can find this info? is this even true? brian
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 7:01:14 PM EDT
Well it looks like I will be back in time for the 1 to 5 class.

16Aug08 09:40am Saturday

Air Delta Air Lines Flight# 4776 Class:M Seat:14-B

To: (MLI)Moline IL, USA 16Aug08 10:37am Saturday
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:34:44 AM EDT
bump for gun stuff
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 10:04:40 AM EDT
I have started a list for the 8am session and the 1pm session on August 16th Utah CC Class. There are plenty of openings for the class in both sessions.

If you plan on coming, please let me know as I want to have an accurate count for the Geneseo Police Department as they are going to take the mandatory fingerprints after each session.

Please email me your name, city you are coming from and a good contact phone number. Walk in students are welcome as there will be a few extra slots available, but I need a pretty accurate count so the instructor can bring enough material for everybody.

Please email me at sales@millercustom.com

Thanks a million,
Bob
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 10:37:58 AM EDT
The address for the class is

Geneseo Community Center
541 E. North Street
Geneseo, IL 61254

There is parking on the side and front of the Community Center. When you walk in the front door, there is a greeting desk. Take a left at the desk and an immediate right into a hallway. The class will be held in the Seniors Room - the first room on the left. The room is right at the beginning of the hallway.

If you have any quesitons you may call me at 309-737-2466, but the email is the best way to go.

Thanks a million and see you there!
Link Posted: 6/18/2008 9:41:05 PM EDT
bump to help spread the word.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 7:20:18 PM EDT
I'm getting a very good response to people signing up for the class. I have PLENTY of spaces open for the 8am-noon session and 1pm-5pm.

Anyone else??
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:08:01 PM EDT
Still looking for more people. So far I have close to twenty of you that are asking about it or have committed.

No need for a deposit, just cash the day of for our instructor. August 16th, 8am till noon or 1pm till 5. Fingerprints at the Geneseo Police Department and there is a few bars right up the street for lunch and or cocktails. I'll be there for both sessions to help out and show you out of town guys around.

Let me know...
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 3:27:41 PM EDT
3 more weeks, just a reminder.

Link Posted: 7/25/2008 8:24:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Miller_Custom_1911:
3 more weeks, just a reminder.

I am the person presenting the class. If you are at all considering doing this, you might want to do this now ...while you can. The politics are such that if President Obama becomes a reality, who knows how this might affect your rights in the future.

I would love for you to attend this class....but, if not, find one from another source and get it done! It just makes good sense. (of course, I am biased!)

Hope to see many good folks...

pdh
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 3:29:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 8:31:30 AM EDT
Damn, a great price for the class, but I'll be outta town that weekend. Grrr. Anyhow, if you choose to hold another class at another time, I'm definately interested, and think I can round up a few more folks to go.
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 12:11:06 PM EDT
7 days till the CCW class. If you want to attend, I need to know soon. Details are above. Please take the time to look at them so I don't have to send my canned email out to answer questions that can be answered above.

Please also keep in mind that I cannot answer legal advice about the class and what states are accepted. I'm not a professional, and the answers will be presented in the class.

I say if you are thinking about it, just do it and solidify your rights that much more. I also say that if I have a Utah permit, and something happens to me in Illinois where I needed a firearm to protect myself, there won't be a lawyer that wouldn't take that suit on.

Let's show Illinois that we want CCW any way we can.

Bob

Link Posted: 8/8/2008 7:48:47 PM EDT
Guys I have taken this class given by phorvick. It is an excellent class and would recommend it to anyone that is interested. This year I have carried in more states that I had even thought about. It is well worth the time and money to attend.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 1:40:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2008 1:47:03 AM EDT by mrraley]
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 7:07:39 AM EDT
Address for your GPS is

541 E. North Street
Geneseo, IL 61254

Take care,
Bob
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 12:06:51 PM EDT
I'm sitting through the second session to assist, and can say that this was in no way a waste of time or money. The instructor is well spoken, intelligent, and does a fantastic job teaching the class.

Straight, to the point, and he makes the necessary discussions interesting and entertaining.

If you have a chance to sit through Paul Horvick's class, I strongly suggest you do so.

Sorry if you couldn't make it though you planned to. Hopefully you will see another class close to you in the future.

Take care,
Bob
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 1:22:16 PM EDT
Thanks for organizing this Bob. It was a good class.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 6:50:03 PM EDT
Thanks guys and gals....it was fun!
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 7:49:18 PM EDT
Good times. The wife and I had a good time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 9:08:18 PM EDT
My wife and I also enjoyed the class. She is really looking forward to applying/getting her permit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 8:34:52 AM EDT
Bob thanks for setting it up and Paul thanks for the presentation and the second certificate I received today. I had a great time.
Top Top