Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2009 9:26:03 AM EDT
Gander Mountain is hosting a Utah Pistol Permit class on August 25 (Tues) at 6 PM.
Info over at http://www.nraclass.com

Link Posted: 8/18/2009 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Who else is going?
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Very interesting, I had no idea this event existed!  How does this work?  Is this a class on how to applying for permits in multiple states?
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I missed the Long Island one a month ago, but will definitely be signing up next time we have one in this area.

Link Posted: 8/18/2009 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#4]
is there any more space available in the class? anybody check?

Nevermind, just saw it costs 165 dollars.
Link Posted: 8/19/2009 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#5]
The class is $100 according to the website. You'll need to pay Utah separately.
Link Posted: 8/19/2009 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Sweet!!!

Great Heads up OP!!!!

I just talked to the Instructor and there is still room available....Hope to see fellow Arfcomers there!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Attended this class. Very to the point presentation and how to use the documents provided to obtain additional permits from other states if you wish. Well worth the money.

For the cost of the UT class, you could have easily come away with materials and a map to obtain several other states for the cost of application.

Instructor did a good job covering the Utah specific statutes regarding CCW and deadly force.

LUP
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 5:53:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I you have already have a NY+FL+NH for $165 the only states you pick-up with a UT CCW are WA and MN.  
AFAIK this list is accurate but as always prior to carrying in a reciprocal state you should verify that your CCW is still valid in that state.
http://www.handgunlaw.us
NY+FL+NH

Alabama

* Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

** Michigan

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

New Hampshire

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma,

Pennsylvania

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

* Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wyoming

* No CCW needed to carry concealed

** Nonresident issued CCW not vaild. All NY CCL restrictions apply.

** It is a criminal offense in MI to CCW outside your NY administrative restrictions

ETA: Nebraska per FL CCW website

Link Posted: 8/27/2009 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I also attended this class.
I am submitting apps for Utah and PA. I can only hope I can get the restrictions lifted off my NY permit.I figure when I go for my unrestricted in NY having just completed another handgun saftey course and also having CC permits for 2 other states may give me an edge??
Instructor was very knowledgeable and the turn out for the class was pretty good. He was only expecting 15 or so and I believe 26 showed up.
Ray
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone know if this course or a course like it will be offered closer to buffalo?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Any chance this is coming to the JC Gander near Binghamton?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:42:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top