Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2006 8:44:38 AM EDT
The purpose of this thread is to determine who is bringing the essentials for this overnight experience.  I say those of you who will be staying the night, post in this thread to let me know who we should wait for.  

Let's meet at the Smith's parking lot at the intersection of SR-68(redwood rd) and Lehi junction (not sure if this is the formal name).  i say we meet at 7:00p  so that we can get to the sight and set up while there is still light.  I will wait until 7:15p before going to the sight.  

The place I am thinking of is in a bowl (with a single tree in it) (the tree has been burned out) at the top of a hill which makes it very hard for other shooters to crossfire into our camp.  it also blocks the wind.  The trail is a bit rocky, but one of my buddies got to it in his mustang a while back...

I can get some wood to burn, but others should bring some to ensure we have enough.   I am also going to try to have some dutch ovens for cooking and sharing.

Let me know.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be there about 1730-1800. I will be dragging the trailer up the hill with the Burb. I have a 10X20 fly for shade, but not really for sleeping in as a tent.

I also looks like Center Street Brass will be coming out to sell ammo for rentals and those who run out. Paul has excellent reloads and is very competitive price wise.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan on being there. We might want to meet earlier, won't it be dark by 7 at the end of the month? Just a thought.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I can meet as early as 1800.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I can meet as early as 1400, if I leave at around 1100 I should be there around 1400 or 1430. I can get some pallets from work to burn. I also only have 30 rounds as of right now so I will be needing some ammo. Do you guys suggest I wait til I get there or get some here?

I've also got a 10X10 canopy thing we can put a table and chairs under it for some shade.

Also, what is the address of Smiths so I can get directions and get an exact travle time? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the address to the Smith's:

1320 Redwood Rd
Saratoga Springs, UT 84045
(801) 768-8455
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Paul will have good ammo prices out there. If you can find it cheap get it of course!

Bring LOTS of pallets if you can, it is getting cold and we may need them!
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Steve, I just saw some of the pics on the LF thread of the females you had out there shooting with you. You need to bring a bunch of them to the shoot. We are going to be doing a calendar and I would like to talk to some of them about being in it. It will be work safe, but very cool!
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Quoted:
Here is the address to the Smith's:

1320 Redwood Rd
Saratoga Springs, UT 84045
(801) 768-8455
Thank you very much

"Total Est. Time: 4 hours, 1 minute     Total Est. Distance: 280.08 miles "

Not too bad I suppose.

I will start collecting the pallets right now
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 5:29:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes guys.....burn plenty of pallets while you are there because we all enjoy going out to shoot there and getting the left over nails in our tires.....
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 6:20:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yes guys.....burn plenty of pallets while you are there because we all enjoy going out to shoot there and getting the left over nails in our tires.....

There is a good size fire pit at the location i know of.

Of course, when we see you pull up, JR, we will spike your tires as a courtesy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a good size fire pit at the location i know of.

Of course, when we see you pull up, JR, we will try to spike your tires as a courtesy.

Link Posted: 10/15/2006 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Yes guys.....burn plenty of pallets while you are there because we all enjoy going out to shoot there and getting the left over nails in our tires.....here
Of course, when we see you pull up, JR, we will spike your tires as a courtesy.his
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Probably the easiest way to avoid that is to not drive thru the ring of big rocks with the chared wood and ashes inside of it. Just a thought.

We shoot up there a lot and test the new MG's out there when we can't get onto Williams. You can rest assured that we are not going to do anything that would cause damage to our cars or another shooters car if it can be avoided at all.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm planning on showing up Friday night. Hopefully may be able to bring a couple people with me. Don't worry, they are shooters so they won't show up with a .22 and then try and mooch off everybody else.

Now here's the question - What genre movie to watch on the laptop; zombie, or war?
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#15]
As long as they are cute females they can mooch!

Seriously, the more wives and girlfriends we can get out there the better off we will all be (My wife will be on a plane so she can not come). We teach a fair number of women at the store and it is really amazing to see them go from being uncomfortable to having an good time and feeling confident. And it helps destroy the next generation of anti-gun soccer moms!
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm planning on showing up Friday night. Hopefully may be able to bring a couple people with me. Don't worry, they are shooters so they won't show up with a .22 and then try and mooch off everybody else.

Now here's the question - What genre movie to watch on the laptop; zombie, or war?

I am going to watch Band of Brothers, so that is my recomendation
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:58:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I don't have any cool guns to share, all I have is a .22 and my shotgun.  So, pretty much I'd want to mooch to a point.  What caliber of ammo should I bring to have fun.  I'm planning on .223 and .308.  Or would it be better to bring extra $$ and buy what I need up there?  (assuming I can come).  Or since I don't have anything fun to bring, should I not bother?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Bring whatever you would like! CSB will have ammo, so you can bring some or buy some, and as far as I know this even is open to anyone who wants to come meet the other local shooters and have a good time!

Just make sure you introduce yourself to everyone!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have any cool guns to share, all I have is a .22 and my shotgun.  So, pretty much I'd want to mooch to a point.  What caliber of ammo should I bring to have fun.  I'm planning on .223 and .308.  Or would it be better to bring extra $$ and buy what I need up there?  (assuming I can come).  Or since I don't have anything fun to bring, should I not bother?

Oh yeah, I was completely kidding when I said that. Of course you should come!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Okay, here it is.  I plan on leaving Salt Lake about 5:30p and getting to Smiths as soon as I can.  I will wait for 10-15 min if someone wants to meet up with me there.  Maybe I'll even catch PytPyle there.  If someone wants me to wait for them, IM me with your phone #.  I will only be able to check IM's after 5p, but I will give you a call.

This is going to be a Blast!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Could someone post directions to the location? I might be able to come up tonight but more likely tomorrow. Also if the road is really bad I'll need a ride up the hill. I only have a small car that I can't destroy.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Could someone post directions to the location? I might be able to come up tonight but more likely tomorrow. Also if the road is really bad I'll need a ride up the hill. I only have a small car that I can't destroy.

Hey, sorry we couldn't reply in time.  next time we'll try to get ya out.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top