Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2015 3:43:40 PM EDT
(Mods: If there is any problem with posting this full article, I can edit it down.)

TLDR: The BLM is hosting 2 meetings next week regarding 3 actions to take on shooting near Utah Lake.

1-No action
2-Permanent closure
3-Expand current closure and add more restrictions.

***Please share this via e-mail, forums, and other social media channels.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150722/utah-target-shooting-subject-of-changes-to-management-plan-for-eastern-lake-mountains

Utah: Target Shooting Subject of Changes to Management Plan for Eastern Lake Mountains

The Bureau of Land Management is intending to amend its management plan for Eastern Lake Mountains to address target shooting.   Nine hundred acres of public land is closed to target shooting under a temporary order.  The BLM is offering three options in its plan amendment.  They are as follows:

Alternative A (No Action): Allow the current 900 acre temporary closure to lapse and implement no other target shooting restrictions.

Alternative B: Make the current 900 acre temporary closure permanent.

Alternative C: Expand the current closure and/or implement other target shooting restrictions.

The BLM will be hosting 2 public meetings that will follow an “open house” format. A public hearing will not be held. A court reporter will be available for individuals to make oral statements to be included in the record. At the open houses, preliminary information and maps about the plan amendment will be available for review.  BLM staff will be present to answer questions.  The open houses will be held in:

Saratoga Springs August 4, 2015 Tuesday 6 pm – 8 pm

2220 South Talons Cove Drive, Saratoga Springs UT 84045

Sandy August 5, 2015 Wednesday 6 pm – 8 pm

277 West Sego Lily Drive, Sandy UT 84070

Public comments will be accepted until August 20th.  Click here to viewcomments from the NRA and several other national sportsmen’s organizations submitted to the BLM.

Scoping comments may be submitted by any of the following methods. Please indicate “Eastern Lake Mountains Target Shooting Plan Amendment” in the subject or title.

ePlanning web site:https://www.blm.gov/epl-front-office/eplanning/nepa/nepa_register.do  Navigate via the “Map Search” or click on “Text Search” and navigate via Utah>Salt Lake Field Office>EA>Eastern Lake Mountains Target Shooting Plan Amendment.
ENBB web site: https://www.blm.gov/ut/enbb/index.php (sort by Salt Lake Field Office>Environmental Assessment and then scroll down to the project)
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (801) 977-4397 Attn: JuLee Pallette
Mail: BLM Salt Lake Field Office, Attn: JuLee Pallette, Outdoor Recreation Planner, at the address shown in the letterhead
Attend a public scoping meeting on August 4 or 5
Based on public comment, a plan amendment will be drafted and is expected to be released for another round ofpublic comments in several months.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Option D:  We acquire our land back and build a multi-purpose range complex that is well-managed, graded, bermed-in, with ELR, 1000yd, 600yd, 300yd, several 100yd, Shotgun, pistol, LE training, and other ranges.

Ballot initiative the sucker and cut the BLM out of it.  I'm getting tired of their presence, to be honest.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I get the feeling they've already made up their mind on this.  I can guarantee you that there not going to open up the currently closed area.  The county has fenced it all off and you can't even access it now.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:I'm getting tired of their presence, to be honest.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know if Manning Canyon ever reopened for target shooting?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't mean to hijack an old thread but I just moved here from western Colorado, and looking for a shooting location close to South Jordan area. I know its going to be at least 30min drive, but trying to keep it under an hour.
Reading BLM shooting area reports, see lots of closings. And with OP topic I don't trust BLM's website right now for updated info.
Salt Lake County Sheriff website has some posting, just taking a while to cross reference to the map, and there is no info on shooting area.
I found a topic here, but its about 4 years old.
Need to zero my rifle's new scope and would like to run some drills. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or if someone is looking for a shooting buddy, shoot me a PM.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top