Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/23/2006 7:51:05 PM EDT
Hey everyone.

I was fortunate enough to go to a Utah Group Shoot before I left for basic a year or two ago (I think it was jan, 05?)   ANYWAY!  I was curious if another such event is happening soon? I'd love to go!
Link Posted: 9/23/2006 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I'd like to also. We're running out of nice weather.
Link Posted: 9/24/2006 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Whisker Chicken, I don't think there has been a group shoot since the one you mentioned. About time for another, pick a date and offer it up but realize no matter the date, a few will always complain they can't make it. I prefer Sundays, the Bishopric can do without me once in awhile. Headed out to "The Spot" this afternoon. More than two is a group if anyone wants to join in.
Link Posted: 9/24/2006 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol.  Firstly, congratulations on reminding me how many nicknames I have on this site.

I wont get back to Utah until October 21st.  I've got 9 days left here in Kuwait before I get back to Sill the 5th. I know that's probably going to be cold as snot in Utah, but what the hell,  WE'RE SHOOTING STUFF!!!

Anyway, I opt for any time between October 22nd and November 2nd. :)
Link Posted: 9/24/2006 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Count me in if my work schedule allows.
Link Posted: 9/24/2006 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys are always welcome here in Idaho.  We have Tri-State (Idaho, Utah, Wyoming) shoots and training classes.  We are also looking for people to sponsor training classes in Utah.

OpFor
Link Posted: 9/24/2006 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm down as long as its not too far and I'm not in school or have work.
Link Posted: 9/24/2006 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I am in with the following conditions:
Pay my gas
buy my bullets
compliment me often
let me shoot anything you have that I don't have

Or I can just come along and we can shoot what I have, I'll pay for my own gas and bullets and, you can bag on me relentlessly.

your choice either way I'll do my best to make it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2006 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol.  All we need to do is contact the good folks at HAB and see if they dont mind bringing out an ammo truck loaded with 5.56 :D

Link Posted: 9/25/2006 2:25:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Pay my gas Is a can of cheap store brand chili sufficent?
buy my bullets What kind are you selling? I'll give ya $100 a K for 5.56
compliment me often I thought BSH meant you had a HD, I never would have guessed you were referring to a cranial abnormality
let me shoot anything you have that I don't have Great! I have a Glock 22 that I have been waiting on some sucker nice person to shoot with my uber hot handloads...You do own a pair of kevlar shooting gloves I hope

Or I can just come along and we can shoot what I have, I'll pay for my own gas and bullets and, you can bag on me relentlessly. Sounds like a much better plan

I am soooo looking forward to this...

Link Posted: 9/25/2006 5:42:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pay my gas Is a can of cheap store brand chili sufficent?
buy my bullets What kind are you selling? I'll give ya $100 a K for 5.56
compliment me often I thought BSH meant you had a HD, I never would have guessed you were referring to a cranial abnormality
let me shoot anything you have that I don't have Great! I have a Glock 22 that I have been waiting on some sucker nice person to shoot with my uber hot handloads...You do own a pair of kevlar shooting gloves I hope

Or I can just come along and we can shoot what I have, I'll pay for my own gas and bullets and, you can bag on me relentlessly. Sounds like a much better plan

I am soooo looking forward to this...

Looks like we found the resident smart ass :P Why didn't I think of that?!?!?!?!

Yup, I'm definately interested, though I doubt my car will be able to make it up that nasty muddy hill as I remember it.  Oh well.  I'm getting some new toys.  Just DHL'd a box with two PVS-4's and a PVS-14 home :)  PVS-14 works :D:D:D:D  PVS-4's need some work.  

Oh! Who was in charge of making the little tupperware things filled with the white powered that made the water heater fly?  That was great! :D
Link Posted: 9/25/2006 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

. . .
Oh! Who was in charge of making the little tupperware things filled with the white powered that made the water heater fly?  That was great! :D

Now WHO was that?

I'm in. Has anyone picked a date yet?

Edited to remove link.
Link Posted: 9/25/2006 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/25/2006 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I don't know what you are talking about...

Link Posted: 9/25/2006 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll come depending on location, date, school, work ect.  I don't have much to bring though, I'm just getting into guns.
Link Posted: 9/25/2006 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Set a date. If it is a Friday/Saturday over night thing we will bring out the PKM's, PPsH-41's cans MP-5's and other big toys. We can close the store and promote the hell out of the event ahead of time, and maybe we can get a few people to camp out at the bowl with us. Nothing like a belt fed shoot at night.

But you guys are buying your own ammo for the MG's!
Link Posted: 9/25/2006 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Set a date. If it is a Friday/Saturday over night thing we will bring out the PKM's, PPsH-41's cans MP-5's and other big toys. We can close the store and promote the hell out of the event ahead of time, and maybe we can get a few people to camp out at the bowl with us. Nothing like a belt fed shoot at night.

I would be so down for that!
Link Posted: 9/25/2006 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell yeah! MG shoot? Camping? GUNS at NIGHT?!?!? MAN! I might get to try out my new night vision!!!!!!!

I WANT IN!!!

As I said, I wont be in the state until the 21st... so sometime after that would be super :D

Link Posted: 9/26/2006 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Hmmm.... shooting full-autos at night?! I'm sooo there regardless to what the wife says!
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Lol.  I'm going to see if I can't get the girlfriend to come down with her AK as well.  Might as well bring the girl if it's gonna take more than a day :D  

Alrighty, Let's get some sort of roster going of suggested dates and people who want to be involved. There's only so much I can do over the net, but I'll do what I can :D

Link Posted: 9/26/2006 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

. . .

Now WHO was that?

I'm in. Has anyone picked a date yet?

Edited to remove link.

I will give you Three guesses and the First two don't count. LOL I just know that it was Way Cool and to see Barney Vaporize was the BOMB

Link Posted: 9/26/2006 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/26/2006 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 6:04:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, that WAS pretty priceless....

So does anyone have a set date in mind? Right now the last weekend of October is sounding pretty good if we're going for the overnight deal ;)
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Not sure if I can make that , I will be Wyoming seeing my Daughter and  picking up Reloading supplies from my Distributor.

Link Posted: 9/27/2006 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#25]
That late in the month we will need lots and lots of firewood.
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Did I hear bonfire?

Well, if it makes anybody feel better, I'll be freezing my arse off no matter HOW warm it is outside.  I'm acclimated to 140 degree days and 100 degree nights.

I'll be bringin the ol' m4gry, which has pretty much been reborn since I brought it out and deflowered it last group shoot :D  Can't wait to give it some much needed attention
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Last week in October would be awesome for me.h,
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Last time he did it what, west of Utah Lake?  I'm not sure on the specific location... I bummed a ride from one of the great guys here :)
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#29]
The last time the location was:

40o 14' 09.79" N
110o 52' 37.95W

If you haven't already tried Google Earth, give it a try. Pretty cool

Link Posted: 9/27/2006 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The last time the location was:

40o 14' 09.79" N
110o 52' 37.95W

If you haven't already tried Google Earth, give it a try. Pretty cool

img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HBSimpson/Fun/Shoot_Loc.jpg

I really wanted to have a witty remark to retort with, but nothing comes to mind...
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#31]
height=8
Quoted:
Last time he did it what, west of Utah Lake?  I'm not sure on the specific location... I bummed a ride from one of the great guys here :)
Well right now I dont have a car (I moved bout a month ago) but by the end of oct i'm positive I will, but even then I wont be able to take it offroad. By looking at that picture I wont be able to make it unless I can get a ride. Of course I could drive up there myself and when it gets to a dirt road get a ride with somebody from here. That would work.
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#33]
We will have plenty of vehicles to get people up and down the hill. You guys in the wives car can park at the bottom and we will truck everyone up. I have two 10X20 awnings that we can set up for shade and tables under them for eating on, and then lay out the firing line. FBMG will NOT be hosting this little get together for liability reasons, but when we do something we tend to go all out when we go somewhere....

We will bring a bunch of ammo for the MG's and cans, we will need someone to bring firewood or pallets though. If you want a tent, you had better bring one. And for food and water, bring lots of water in case you burn the place to the ground.

I am trying to work out the M203 now so we can shoot some paint too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2006 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#34]
height=8
Quoted:
We will have plenty of vehicles to get people up and down the hill. You guys in the wives car can park at the bottom and we will truck everyone up. I have two 10X20 awnings that we can set up for shade and tables under them for eating on, and then lay out the firing line. FBMG will NOT be hosting this little get together for liability reasons, but when we do something we tend to go all out when we go somewhere....

We will bring a bunch of ammo for the MG's and cans, we will need someone to bring firewood or pallets though. If you want a tent, you had better bring one. And for food and water, bring lots of water in case you burn the place to the ground.

I am trying to work out the M203 now so we can shoot some paint too.
I can get pallets.

Can somebody give me an address to see how many hours it's going to take to get to the location? Not the EXACT location, but an address somewhere around there....

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 2:09:20 AM EDT
[#35]
I'd love to go too and have it be my inaugural Utah shooting experience. I'll Bring my monster 73 Bronco and shuttle folks up to the shooting site or whatever you need. Do we need a list of must haves that folks can volunteer to bring or should we just assume someone will magically bring the stuff we need like fire wood, etc. I saw someone say they had pallets.
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
. . .Can somebody give me an address to see how many hours it's going to take to get to the location? Not the EXACT location, but an address somewhere around there....

Thanks!

It's in the boonies, there is no street address. It is on UT-68 (the continuation of Redwood Road south of Camp Williams). From the intersection of UT-68 and  UT-73 ( the western continuation of Main St. in Lehi), turn south and proceed 11.4 miles. Turn right 0.3 miles, or park and get a ride up the hill.

Coming from SLC I usually take I-15 south to Bangeter Hwy, the west to Redwood Road. From there it is just under 20 miles to the spot.

From Happy Valley or points south, take the Lehi exit by the flour mill and go west to UR-68. Turn left and go 11.4 miles to the spot.

If anyone is coming from WAY south, you may want to take the Sataquin exit and go west (US-6) to Elberta, then north (21.5 mi.) on UT-68 to the spot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#37]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
. . .Can somebody give me an address to see how many hours it's going to take to get to the location? Not the EXACT location, but an address somewhere around there....

Thanks!

It's in the boonies, there is no street address. It is on UT-68 (the continuation of Redwood Road south of Camp Williams). From the intersection of UT-68 and  UT-73 ( the western continuation of Main St. in Lehi), turn south and proceed 11.4 miles. Turn right 0.3 miles, or park and get a ride up the hill.

Coming from SLC I usually take I-15 south to Bangeter Hwy, the west to Redwood Road. From there it is just under 20 miles to the spot.

From Happy Valley or points south, take the Lehi exit by the flour mill and go west to UR-68. Turn left and go 11.4 miles to the spot.

If anyone is coming from WAY south, you may want to take the Sataquin exit and go west (US-6) to Elberta, then north (21.5 mi.) on UT-68 to the spot.
Not what I wanted to hear he
I'm told it takes about 6 hours to get to SLCht
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 4:09:16 AM EDT
[#38]
DonVito you travel agent must drive really slow.
It's about 4 hours from my house in Salt Lake County to St. George give or take 15 minutes.

Leave I-15 at Santaquin, west to Elberta and north just past where Gorder is shown.
Should be about the same travel time as a trip into Salty.
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Yup Yup.  Can't wait to meet everyone again.  I'll try not to be a ghost this shoot (Even though I'll probably be hard to miss... I'll be the skinny guy binging on, you know... real american food. LOL

I may of may not bring out my Benelli Supernova as well.  Trying to decide if I should keep it or not :S
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#40]
height=8
Quoted:
DonVito you travel agent must drive really slow.hours
www.mapquest.com/mqproxy/451d0b99-0025e-0199d-1386bccd&rnd=5942

Leave I-15 at Santaquin, west to Elberta and north just past where Gorder is shown.
Should be about the same travel time as a trip into Salty.
Hmmm that isnt too bad. Well set up a date and i'll try to get it off work!

(or did we already establish a date )
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#41]
My brother lives about 5 - 10 minutes from this location and I am about 15 - 20 minutes out from there.  Let's get a date setup and get it rolling.  I am trying to setup a training opportunity also in the Rocky Mountain forum and we are shooting for the 13 - 14th of October or the 20 - 21st of the same month depending on who can make it when.  Take a look at the thread if you're interested.  Hopefully it will fall on the other weekend than the Utah shoot!  Would be great to get to meet all for real.

Jared

p.s. training opportunity is for rifle and pistol and is a two day course.  Take a look at thread titled "Nother training opportunity" in the Rocky Mountain forum and let me know if you want to be part of it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Yup Yup.  Can't wait to meet everyone again.  I'll try not to be a ghost this shoot (Even though I'll probably be hard to miss... I'll be the skinny guy binging on, you know... real american food. LOL

I may of may not bring out my Benelli Supernova as well.  Trying to decide if I should keep it or not :S

I think I met you at the last shoot (Barney's Big Suprise). Were you shooting a Springfield Operator with the full-length rail? I was the guy with the truckload of targets and such.
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#43]
He was the guy trying to sight in a new rifle when some un-named douche bag hosed his target with a full auto AK.

Ah memories.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#44]
So is the last weekend in October (the 28th and 29th) for sure when this is going to happen. I need to get an idea so I can get the time off work.

A couple of the items I plan on bringing:

Link Posted: 9/29/2006 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#45]
LOL.

Slight Correction:

I was the guy trying to sight in a NEW RIFLE with CRAPPY AMMO when someone hosed my target with a full auto AK.

Man, how did I forget about that?!?!?!?!?!?!
LOL.

Nope, I was shooting a Bushmaster A3 with a bipod I think...  Here's a little more recent picture...

I'm about to rework the optics.  Need to upgrade my EoTech and get matching FRONT BUIS. I need to mount the PVS-14 and PEQ-2 as well, and I'm debating the OTAL.

And just out of curiousity... does anyone know where I can get an end cap for that free floating rail???
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
So is the last weekend in October (the 28th and 29th) for sure when this is going to happen. I need to get an idea so I can get the time off work.

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/michealj88/IMG_0919Large.jpg

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/michealj88/IMG_0594Large-1.jpg

*Drool*

I'm could be on crack, but is that a silenced .308? I might have to give that a try
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 3:21:41 AM EDT
[#47]
They look like 5.56 to me, very cool nonetheless.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 3:38:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/michealj88/IMG_0919Large.jpg

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/michealj88/IMG_0594Large-1.jpg

*Drool*

I'm could be on crack, but is that a silenced .308? I might have to give that a try

Both are 5.56 but the 308 is on the way.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Firstly, I need to be smacked for the statement "I'm could be on crack." My english has taken a serious hit over the last year.

Secondly, I still want to try them out.  I'll be old enough to get a silencer next year :D LOL.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#50]
I say we do it Oct 27-28,

Not only would it be a good firday to saturday weekend, it is also my birthday (28th)

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top