Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2004 3:08:17 AM EDT
Well for some reason I save my brass. I dont reload, I dont recycle, I just save it. I am wondering now what if anything I should do with it. Here are a few ideas I've come up with:

1) Mulch the flower beds with it. Who needs an ADT sign when your house is adorned with thousands of spend rounds?!?

2) Halloween is just around the corner, TRICK OR TREAT!

3)Use brass to fill the holes my less than intelligent dogs are digging in their pen.

4) Christmas is just around the corner, "Grandma, I made this .223 and macaroni necklace just for you!"

Just a thought, any suggections would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont shoot re-loads, but I have found a special place in my heart for the Polymer Wolf.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Any place in VA that buys brass?  I belive I remember someone cleaing up Hite Hollow at the last shoot and turning all the brass into $ for the range.

I have a few hundred brass stripper clips which I'd like to get rid of.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Any of the brass that is reloadable and in good shape could earn you some "ching ching"
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#5]
so what calibers?
quantity?
headstamp?
wanna sell it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
so what calibers?
quantity?
headstamp?
wanna sell it?

Mostly .223, some .45, 308, and 380.
1/2 drywall bucket clean and fresh, tons dirty and old
assorted brands, winchester mostly
Where do you live? If you can use it, come n get it!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Any place in VA that buys brass?  I belive I remember someone cleaing up Hite Hollow at the last shoot and turning all the brass into $ for the range.

I have a few hundred brass stripper clips which I'd like to get rid of.

That was me.  Gotm4 and 9X19 helped me collect all of it up.  (note to self-Gotta bring tarps next time)

I'll be there on the 23rd if you want to bring them.  Gonna collect up again that day too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
On a serious note, why not just trade it in to one of the reloading companies to save some money when purchasing ammo from them. That would only work it you buy ammo from them though.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Who are the reloading companies that take trade-ins on LC brass? Any price break at all would be good, wasn't expecting to get anything for them just don't like leaving a mess.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#10]
there is a guy at the gun shows in Salem VA that is from Virgina Beach. I think he told me the last time that he was going to be at the Richmond Gunshow to. He knocks a dollar off for each 50 pieces as well. This may be the same guy that VA-Gunnut was talking about. His only stipulation is that it has to be once fired
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
On a serious note, why not just trade it in to one of the reloading companies to save some money when purchasing ammo from them. That would only work it you buy ammo from them though.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Who are the reloading companies that take trade-ins on LC brass? Any price break at all would be good, wasn't expecting to get anything for them just don't like leaving a mess.

There are usually two companies at the Richmond Gunshow that do this. Or they did the last time I checked. IIRC they would knock a dollar off each box of ammo you bought for each 50 pieces of brass. I can't remember the names of the companies though.

Mac's will give you a buck or two off on a box of ammo if he still exchanges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top