Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2012 12:41:33 PM EDT
I'm new to gun ownership and have had no luck in finding a club that is accepting memebers in the Albany/Saratoga area.  

Honestly, not even sure where to start looking for other options...  never thought it'd be this hard to find a place to shoot in the country...

Any ideas?  I know the old "Go meet members", but where to meet members?  Frustrating, and after last nights elections, i want to get out there and shoot....
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Brunswick Sportsmans Club. I've been a member there for a couple years, I can see if I can get you in since I no longer go there. Maybe they'd let you take my spot, since I'm not sure if they're accepting members right now. Their next business meeting is the 12th. I'm not able to attend but if you do decide to go and ask them about taking another member's spot I'd be willing to help you out - my toys aren't NY legal anymore and I belong to a club with a longer range anyway that's 2 miles from where I live.

EDIT: http://www.nra.org/nralocal.aspx This will tell you everywhere you can go in the area.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I just posted a thread very similiar with some helpful suggestions.  I'm should only be a few pages back I'm too lazy to look for it right now.

ETA: found it http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/500523_Any_capital_district_ranges_taking_on_new_members.html

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!

I may try to IM some of the folks from your thread...

And if you go down south and want someone to share the cost of gas and tolls, i'd like to sight in my gun... owning a gun that i don't know i could hit a target with is frustrating.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thanks!

I may try to IM some of the folks from your thread...

And if you go down south and want someone to share the cost of gas and tolls, i'd like to sight in my gun... owning a gun that i don't know i could hit a target with is frustrating.

Better going north much better spot to shot and no tolls.  Next time I go to either I'll let you know.

ETA: BTW what did you pick up for a new gun?  I'm sure someone on here will bring you as a guest to shoot some as well at a range.  The New Brunswick club has an event 1 saturday every month cant remember if its 1st or 2nd.  But that might be good to go to.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#5]
This is what i got...

Upper;
•Spike's Tactical M4 flat top upper receiver, Machined from a 7075 T6 Mil-Spec Forging with Mil-Spec Type III Hard coat Anodized finish, T-markings, Spike’s logo and M4 feed ramps.
•Barrel is certified MIL-B-11595E CMV.  Bolt & barrel are HPT/MPI tested, M4 barrel extension, Chrome chamber and bore, 5.56mm Nato chamber, 1:7 Twist, Magnetic particle testing on every barrel, Phosphate finish.
•Lightweight (Pencil) Profile with Mid-length gas system.
•Barrel is Phosphate finished under the .625 F marked A2 front sight base.
•The M16 carriers are Chrome lined with a Mil-Spec phosphate finish.
•Forged Mil-Spec carrier key, Chrome lined, attached with Grade 8 hardware and Properly staked.
•HP/MP Tested Bolt, Each extractor is fitted with a Mil-Spec black insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring.
•Magpul MOE heat shield lined black handguards.
•Pinned Spike's Tactical DyanComp Muzzle Break.

Magpul BUIS Rear

Lower;
FMK AR-1 Patriot (Polymer)  No need to debate the worth of a poly lower... i bouht it to support the NRA.
GMMG lower parts kit
Tapco 6 position stock (pinned to make it legal)

Old 30 rd magazine from my USMC reserve days.  It has to be pre-ban since i haven't been in since 96...  and it was fuc%ing old then.

After i take the Bayo lug off, it should be legal... until then it remains in 2 parts...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top