Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 3:31:31 PM EDT
A friend of mine got a couple more today and the seller said he was taking a few cases to Del Mar to sell this weekend. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes!, you wont have to look hard.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A friend of mine got a couple more today and the seller said he was taking a few cases to Del Mar to sell this weekend. Anyone else?

Gonna' set 'em up for a buy bust?

J/K. You know that you want to do it.

I knew all of this activity would break you down eventually.

Do it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]
It will be interesting to see what San Diego SO's response is to the sale of lowers at the show.  They have always been rather aggressive in their enforcment of percieved violations there.  Anyone else remember the arrests in the late 90's at the Del Mar show of the vendors selling Black & Smokeless powder.  they violated some code regulating/limiting quantity & storage requirments and several vendors were issued criminal citations for it at one show.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Wear the dept standard issue uniform and tell everyone "you're busted" after they purchase a receiver.  Be sure to have a cup for tips
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got back from Del Mar.

Very small show.

Yes, CWS is there selling lowers.

I saw Ametech's for $175.  doubles Stars for $185.  Lauers for $200.00

No Stags, Fultons, or RRA's.

A couple other vendors selling FABS & Bushmaster cali-carbines.

CWS is not DROSing at the show. They have a San Diego transfer dealer handling the DROS for the locals. They will let you pick up in Highlands too but the DROS will not be done until tonight or after the show as they are not set up for DROS at the show.  They will take credit cards. I saw one guy buy one of each.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't make it there in time, does anyone know if CWS will have any left for sale sunday morning?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
They have a shitload, but the line for the DROS from precision was an hour and a half long.

The rest of the airsoft show was quite boring.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#8]
The bushmaster rep. was spreading, fear and confusion.  Pretty weak if you ask me.  He was going on and on about CAL DOJ was going to bust our doors down on "intent"-  I just shook my head and left.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]
if true there goes my intent of ever buying anything from bushmaster.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
if true there goes my intent of ever buying anything from bushmaster.

I feel the same way.

One of my favorite sayings is " It is better to keep you mouth closed and let people think you are an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt."
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They have a shitload, but the line for the DROS from precision was an hour and a half long.

Why not just have Hector do the DROS when he gets home and pick up in Highlands?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not just have Hector do the DROS when he gets home and pick up in Highlands?

I got what I was looking for his sister hooked me up, The dropped it off at the precision arms dros stand and I will dros it next week.  I dont even know where Highlands is.  Escondido I know.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It will be interesting to see what San Diego SO's response is to the sale of lowers at the show.  They have always been rather aggressive in their enforcment of percieved violations there.  Anyone else remember the arrests in the late 90's at the Del Mar show of the vendors selling Black & Smokeless powder.  they violated some code regulating/limiting quantity & storage requirments and several vendors were issued criminal citations for it at one show.

I work for SO, I also bought a couple of lowers from Cold War at Del Mar.  Infact 2 Deputies were checking out the lowers when I got there.  They didn't even seem to mind.

I've informed and know of several more deputies going to pick some up tommorrow.  

You have to remember Law Enforcement are people too and for the most part have our hands tied behind our backs.  If there's  a way for us to get some neat toys so be it.

People may say.. "yah your law enforcement, you can get on legally anyways."  The truth is not really.  Lot of red tape and utimately the weapon still belongs to the Department.  Which means no modifications and when I leave the Department the weapon goes back.

hey it's tax deductible too
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

an hour and half is generously speaking.. sheesh!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hi all!

I walked the show today.   I had not been to a Del Mar show since 1999 when I owned Cold War Relics.  It was a pitiful, far cry from the "good old days".  All of the handguns I looked at were $100-$150 more than I thought they should be.

We're going to change that.  Our FFL is pending and once in hand, we will be doing the Del Mar and Costa Mesa shows.

We will put the "Gun" back into Gun Show...

Open a shop in the Bay Area too then, and come to the Cow Palace shows... Please.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi all!

I walked the show today.   I had not been to a Del Mar show since 1999 when I owned Cold War Relics.  It was a pitiful, far cry from the "good old days".  All of the handguns I looked at were $100-$150 more than I thought they should be.

We're going to change that.  Our FFL is pending and once in hand, we will be doing the Del Mar and Costa Mesa shows.

We will put the "Gun" back into Gun Show...

Open a shop in the Bay Area too then, and come to the Cow Palace shows... Please.

+ 1000 but my wife will hate you as you took too much of my money back then.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

an hour and half is generously speaking.. sheesh!!

Whether you bought one or not CWS selling at the show was a big step in the right direction.  All the others dealers saw Hector raking in the bucks and not getting arrested. At least sdome of them are going to eant in on that money and start selling lowers too.  Hopefully that brings the prices down to a more reasonable level with the rest of the country.

For example Bushmaster and RRA lowers were $100 at the At the Lakeland
Rifle and Pistol Club show yesterday.  No reason lowers should be marked up $75 - $115.00
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The bushmaster rep. was spreading, fear and confusion.  Pretty weak if you ask me.  He was going on and on about CAL DOJ was going to bust our doors down on "intent"-  I just shook my head and left.  

Are you talking about the guy selling "CA-Legal" Bushmaster and Colt welded up magwell ARs?

I'd hardly call that guy a rep. for Bushmaster(or Colt).  I overheard him at the Del Mar gunshow saying FAB-10s were unreliable and crap and that his overpriced rifles somehow worked better because it say's Bushmaster or Colt on the lower receiver.

Sounds like someone trying to bash the competition to sell his products IMO.

I've been going to the Del Mar Gun Show for over 10 years now, the dealers with integrity wait for you to make your decision and answer questions if you have some.  THERE WERE SEVERAL SELLERS THERE THAT ASSUMED YOU WERE A NOOB, THEN TRIED TO SELL YOU SOME NORMALLY 40-60. CHINESE SCOPE/RED-DOT SIGHTS FOR $250.00!!  

Asshats.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top