Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2009 8:03:31 PM EDT
Hey All,

I am having a poker shoot to raise money to buy phone cards etc. for troops deployed in the Middle East. It is going to be on the 21st of March.
I have 3 divisions 1) kids 5-12  .22 cal  2) Pistol  3) Carbine.  You will shoot the backside of a 52 card target with 10 rounds and the best 5 card hand wins each round and advances.  I have recieved alot of support from my distributors and have some pretty good prizes. Trijicon, Benchmade,Lauer Weaponry, Action Target, Precision Ammo, GPS,Luminox,Blackhawk, Palco, and Black Hills have donated prizes. All money made that day is being used for the troops and the range will be closed that day except for the competition.
Hope to see you there.  for more info go to http://www.attac-fl.com
Chuck

SGB edit if needed

EDIT: Trijicon sent me a 6.5 dot reflex as their donation as a prize
Link Posted: 3/7/2009 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I AM IN!!  Anything I can dofor our brothers I will do. it sounds like fun, AND only an hour away!! hell yes!
Link Posted: 3/7/2009 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be all over this if I didn't have to work that weekend .
Link Posted: 3/8/2009 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I just checked and I'm off work!! I'll be there!

Could you clarify some more. What will the target distance be?

It's $10 per hand, as in, $10 per course of fire? And there will be 10 rounds? 10 rounds fired at the target? Or 10 "hands" of poker? I'm real tired, it's early would you mind clarifying a bit, I just got off work lol...

Any more info on the prize(s)?

I'm in either way, I loved getting free phone cards when I was deployed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2009 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
L4zy
The hands cost 10 per or 3 for 25. You get ten shots per target and the best 5 cards become your hand. If you win that hand then you advance to the next round. You don't pay for rounds as long as you are the winner. If you want to you can enter more than one round to try to ensure that you will be in the finals. The distance will be @20 yards for handgun and 50 yds for carbine.
Prizes include : Benchmade knives, Duracoat-full kits, Action portable targets, Blackhawk-holsters- tac- vests- chest rigs, GPS- grip pod, Luminox -seal watch, Precision ammo-ammo, Trijicon is sending something but didn't tell me what, Palco sports- gas blowback airsoft pistol, Badger Ordnance-?... Just a few that I know right now.
Just to let everyone know if you were unsure You do not have to be a member of the range to shoot in the tournament, The range will be closed except for competitors this is a benefit day for the troops and all money made is being used for the troops.
Hope to see you there!
Chuck
Link Posted: 3/8/2009 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish I could make it . I'll be down in the Keys that weekend .
Link Posted: 3/8/2009 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome! I'm hoping my Garand comes in before the 21st!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I have to work that weekend....  Sounds like fun though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I wanted to clarify that the Range is open to everybody competing as well as spectators. 10.00 to play or 5.00 to watch...
Here is a direct link to the info page http://www.attac-fl.com/files/Poker_Shoot.html

Thanks to a fellow ARFCOM member who has donated a lower to be given as a prize for the best hand shot during tournament.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#9]
So I can pay $10 and if I win every hand I can "play" all of them and win? Or I can pay $100 and be in every round and be guaranteed a spot in the finals?

Also, how many shooters will there be per "hand"?

This sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun honestly, I love me some poker!
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Slug-O will be there right after I shoot a turkey that morning.......21st is opening day of the season....

Leon
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#11]
L4zy
You can enter 3 different rounds and try to get into the finals. There will be prob 10 shooters per round and the winners of those will advance to semi's and then the last group will be the final group for the overall winner. More prizes coming in today will update tonight .
chuck
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
L4zy
You can enter 3 different rounds and try to get into the finals. There will be prob 10 shooters per round and the winners of those will advance to semi's and then the last group will be the final group for the overall winner. More prizes coming in today will update tonight .
chuck

Ok, makes sense now.
Link Posted: 3/11/2009 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Trijicon came through today with a reflex sight for their prize donation.
Link Posted: 3/13/2009 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey another update
A rep from EARS will be at the shoot doing the custom molded earplugs. He is donating money for every set he does to the fundraiser for the troops.  He said the cost will be 45 to 50 bucks for a pair.

Chuck
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#15]
To any who are coming this weekend, Bring chairs. I have some but There won't be nearly enough for everyone.  Kids tourney starts at 9:30 and the adults Start at 11:00 am. Get there early to register.  A local food vendor will be there serving lunch so come hungry. How many ARFCOMMERS think they will be there. (I am trying to get a handle on how many folks will be there)

Chuck
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I wiil be there with one other person maybe 2.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#17]
me+1 both will shoot in the adult shoot
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Going to try my best to make it.

I sent an e-mail out to my co-workers also.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 4:57:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm for sure coming, my wife might be tagging along. I'll be sure to bring 2 of those folding chairs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll be there with my wife in tow
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Just a special thanks to the member (2000Z3M )who is donating their personal extra lower as a prize for the shoot.
2000Z3M can not come to the shoot because of work but Chris knows how it is being deployed away from family and nice it was to get phone cards and other items from home.
Just wanted to thank all of you for the support .
Chuck
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just a special thanks to the member (2000Z3M )who is donating their personal extra lower as a prize for the shoot.
2000Z3M can not come to the shoot because of work but Chris knows how it is being deployed away from family and nice it was to get phone cards and other items from home.
Just wanted to thank all of you for the support .
Chuck

Your welcome. The lower is on its way. Its a S&W AR15 lower. I never took it out of the box. This is a great way to support the guys down range. If I wasn't working I would make the 6hr drive to join y'all. Good luck and have a good time.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 3:44:01 AM EDT
[#23]
See you guys in a bit, I'm leaving from Fernandina now, I might be a few minutes late
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 6:16:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Went down to the gun show to kill some time and I couldn't stop

$625 for a surplus Sig P6
$29.99 for WWB 100rnd packs of 9mm ($19.97 down the road at walmart)
Guy told me all his uppers were LMT, they had no markings on the upper and had 1:9 on the barrels, I walked away

1 guy had normal prices, $169 tactical innovations lowers, $179 CMMG .22 kit with a mag!
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:35:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Sarah and I had a great Father Daughter day at the poker shoot. The range was staffed and set-up for a big turnout but I think more people were expected than showed up. I was able to try the three gun round and found out that I want to shoot that now as well. I just wish they had more than 3 a year by me. The poker shoot ran well and with what looked like 3 times the amount of shooters on the pistol side being as the carbine side maybe had 12 shooters. I hope next year more people will turn out and support a great cause. I retired after 23 yrs from a combination of both the USMC (Inf) and the US ARMY (Inf) additionally my son is currently in the ARMY and this is a great cause. I can't tell you the times when I was deployed that a quick phone call home didn't make all the difference in the world in how I felt. It allows you to call home and get a brief break from being downrange. If your were unable to attend and still want to help please contact Chuck and help contribute to a great cause.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sarah and I had a great Father Daughter day at the poker shoot. The range was staffed and set-up for a big turnout but I think more people were expected than showed up. I was able to try the three gun round and found out that I want to shoot that now as well. I just wish they had more than 3 a year by me. The poker shoot ran well and with what looked like 3 times the amount of shooters on the pistol side being as the carbine side maybe had 12 shooters. I hope next year more people will turn out and support a great cause. I retired after 23 yrs from a combination of both the USMC (Inf) and the US ARMY (Inf) additionally my son is currently in the ARMY and this is a great cause. I can't tell you the times when I was deployed that a quick phone call home didn't make all the difference in the world in how I felt. It allows you to call home and get a brief break from being downrange. If your were unable to attend and still want to help please contact Chuck and help contribute to a great cause.

It was good meeting you there man. I had the black and Tan SBR in the rifle shoot.

Like you said, when I was overseas, I loved getting phone cards from the USO, talking to people back home really makes a huge difference!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Here's some pics we snapped of the event. Thanks for having us!

Awesome!! Even has trigger discipline!

Quoted:

More of her?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Put your tongue back in your mouth.  She's taken.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Put your tongue back in your mouth.  She's taken.

10-4. I'm guessing that's you in the pic?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top