Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 9:47:30 AM EDT
Hey, me and several friends are headed to NE OK to do some catfishing next week. I believe that we are staying in Grove. Hopefully most of our time will be spent catching and cleaning fish, but in case we have any rainouts, is there anything in the nearby area that a guy should check out while he is in town?

This will be our first time on this lake. Most of the other guys have been going to AL for the last ten years or so, but they were ready for a change of pace that would be a little closer to home. We're all from between Jefferson City and the Lake of the Ozarks. I've pig hunted in Okemah several times, but haven't been to OK for a few years. After a little reading in your tacked threads and some of the links, it sounds like my MO CCW license should have me covered?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:01:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/14/2014 2:06:51 PM EDT by Wingman26]
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/14/2014 2:21:32 PM EDT by Wingman26]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:55:45 AM EDT
Thanks Wingman. It looks like there is a chance of some isolated thunderstorms on Monday, so I might have a chance to go check out some custom hotrods or the village.

Other than that it looks like pretty clear weather next week, so with a little luck we'll be on the water more than anything!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:14:16 AM EDT
I've been looking around on OK's Dept. of Wildlife site and I believe that all I need is a 2014 NR Fish 6-Day permit that sells for $35.00. When I was researching the lake I was under the impression that the lake is under the control of some type of utility.

I just wanted to see if anybody in the OKHTF could confirm that I shouldn't need a 2014 Wildlife Conservation Passport or a 2014 NR Land Access (Honobia Creek/3Rivers WMA) license to fish on the Grand Lake 'O the Cherokee's?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:07:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:15:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:49:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/15/2014 12:07:03 PM EDT by Buckshot4U]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wingman26:

Honobia Creek and 3 Rivers are in SE Okla, quite a distance from Grand Lake. As far as I can make out, all you would need is your non resident fishing license. Grand Lake is under the Grand River Dam Authority, GRDA for short, I don't see anything about fishing on their website, they do have some info if you are bringing a boat.

http://www.grda.com/

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/laws_regs/2014fishguide.pdf

Anybody chime in with additional info if they have it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wingman26:
Originally Posted By Buckshot4U:
I've been looking around on OK's Dept. of Wildlife site and I believe that all I need is a 2014 NR Fish 6-Day permit that sells for $35.00. When I was researching the lake I was under the impression that the lake is under the control of some type of utility.

I just wanted to see if anybody in the OKHTF could confirm that I shouldn't need a 2014 Wildlife Conservation Passport or a 2014 NR Land Access (Honobia Creek/3Rivers WMA) license to fish on the Grand Lake 'O the Cherokee's?

Honobia Creek and 3 Rivers are in SE Okla, quite a distance from Grand Lake. As far as I can make out, all you would need is your non resident fishing license. Grand Lake is under the Grand River Dam Authority, GRDA for short, I don't see anything about fishing on their website, they do have some info if you are bringing a boat.

http://www.grda.com/

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/laws_regs/2014fishguide.pdf

Anybody chime in with additional info if they have it.

Looks like we may be required to have our boats inspected by GRDA? I pulled this off of your GRDA link: "All boats kept or operated on GRDA lakes shall be inspected by GRDA’s Police. A safety inspection sticker shall be placed on the port front portion of boat. This is a free inspection."

ETA: I shot an email over to OK Wildlife Dept. with all the questions above just to be sure.

Thanks for all of the links and help.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:13:10 AM EDT
Only got a few 10ish #ers this morning, but I think it's gonna be a pretty day in OK!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:54:09 AM EDT
Hey, just wanted to thank you all for all of the advice and links. Our group had a good time fishing. The guys crappie fishing were getting close to their limits every day. The catfish jugging wasn't as good as we hoped it would be though. Either way, a slow week of fishing beats the hell out of a great week at work.
Top Top