Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 6:13:20 AM EDT
http://www.click2houston.com/news/24910391/detail.html

Stupid bastards let children starve and die from abuse because the agency is too stupid/lazy/inefficient to take action when there is a real danger to a child.

However when there is not an issue and CPS fucks up they still won't admit the cause of a problem is the agency.  Instead they try to fuck a law abiding citizen.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:37:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak for Texas, but in Florida, to get a job with CPS you must first be an angry, vindictive lesbian to get hired.  If the Mother makes an accusation, it must be true according to AVL.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#2]
In a letter to CPS caseworkers, agents wrote, "The inquiry did reflect the record, seemingly, that your office uncovered on a man with a similar (but not identical) name with one of five alias names being 'Gabriel Gonzalez' and having the same date of birth (DOB), a different Social Security number (SSN), a different place of birth (Mexico), a seven page CCH (Combined Criminal History), and an active warrant for arrest by the US Bureau of Immigration & Customs Enforcement."

That's gross negligence.

Of course, you can't beat common sense into people's head. Obviously, this person needs to find a new line of work, probably something in the fast food industry.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In a letter to CPS caseworkers, agents wrote, "The inquiry did reflect the record, seemingly, that your office uncovered on a man with a similar (but not identical) name with one of five alias names being 'Gabriel Gonzalez' and having the same date of birth (DOB), a different Social Security number (SSN), a different place of birth (Mexico), a seven page CCH (Combined Criminal History), and an active warrant for arrest by the US Bureau of Immigration & Customs Enforcement."

That's gross negligence.

Of course, you can't beat common sense into people's head. Obviously, this person needs to find a new line of work, probably something in the fast food industry as a supervisor or department head.

This is a state employee.  Try to be more realistic.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]
A while back my wife's niece and her boyfriend had their 3 year old son taken from them by CPS. They passed out and didn't know he had walked across the street and was wandering through a bank parking lot. The PD picked him up and had a hard time figuring out who he belonged to.
CPS asked to place the boy with us for a while and we agreed. After 7 or 8 months they said the parents had completed the parenting courses and CPS was ready to start the process to return the boy. What they did was put us all in a room and said for us to figure out what we wanted to do and they would approve it.
CPS has no enforcement authority and does not like to make decisions- typical liberal sociology major idiots.
They returned him and took him away less than a year later. They took their classes again and they returned him again.

They are worse than useless. They make people think they look after children's welfare, but they don't do a damn thing. People depend on them and all they have are excuses. All talk, no action.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#5]
dude, a CPS worker has a case load of 60 cases.  Their normal workload is 20 cases.  How much can they actually do?  They are paid very little for what they do.  I would never work in that line of work.

It isn't the State's problem if childern die.  Survival of the strongest.  Isn't that you hard core republican's believe?

The mom is the drug addict, all the CPS cares about is the childern.  Family or foster care, doesn't matter.  

I am calling B.S.  there has to be more to the story.  CPS does a background check before they place a child into a care of anyone.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you really expect that much from someone with a masters in inter-familial pysch?

I wouldn't. Most are stark raving mad, and just like the divorce court, it's always the man's fault.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
dude, a CPS worker has a case load of 60 cases.  Their normal workload is 20 cases.  How much can they actually do?  They are paid very little for what they do.  I would never work in that line of work.

It isn't the State's problem if childern die.  Survival of the strongest.  Isn't that you hard core republican's believe?

The mom is the drug addict, all the CPS cares about is the childern.  Family or foster care, doesn't matter.  

I am calling B.S.  there has to be more to the story.  CPS does a background check before they place a child into a care of anyone.

If your going to have an agency charged with taking children away and they end up dying as a result of what that agency does your dang right its their problem.
When it ceases to be their problem is when they are never involved in the first place. You cant jump right in the middle of a situation and then when things go screwy decide that its not your problem anymore. You start it, you finish it and you finish it right.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#8]
It isn't the State's problem if childern die. Survival of the strongest. Isn't that you hard core republican's believe?

No, that's what liberal minded POS believe.  It looks like you've been thoroughly indoctrinated.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.click2houston.com/news/24937695/detail.html

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:45:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Having had the honor of dealing with DFPRS since 1996, I'm calling BS on your justification.
Overworked and overloaded does not excuse willful ignorance.  It does not excuse sloppy investigation.  It does not excuse complete unprofessionalism.  It certainly does not excuse disregard of a judical order.
While all of these examples are present in just this one case, I have seen them in many other cases that DFPRS gets involved in.  
DFPRS is a nightmare of an agency.  Period.
Your comment on your perception of (R)epublican beliefs shows just how FOS you are, although the rest of your statement doesn't need any help in that regard.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#12]
The whole thing does not surprise me at all. My family has had to deal with CPS in the past when my sisters adopted son made a false claim that he was being abused (my BIL spanked the kid for using drugs in the house). The kid was a psycho with mental problems (future serial killer type). CPS took my sisters kids away on unsubstantiated claims of abuse, charges were filed through the DA's office and it turned into a big mess.

I had to deal with the CPS case worker on several occasions and I found her to be the most unintelligent woman I have ever had to deal with. I have met McDonald's employees with more snap than that woman had. Her position and state backed power gave her a god like complex.  You had to use very simple words with her and talk to her like a 4 year old. If you questioned her authority she would get mad and throw a fit.

Eventually the case worker was removed from the case and within months CPS realized the accusations of abuse were false and dismissed the case. CPS finally snapped to the fact that the adopted son was insane, had him declared an adult and cut him loose from the system. Now he is living from place to place in the Channelview area fucking up other peoples lives. We don't miss him.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having had the honor of dealing with DFPRS since 1996, I'm calling BS on your justification.
Overworked and overloaded does not excuse willful ignorance.  It does not excuse sloppy investigation.  It does not excuse complete unprofessionalism.  It certainly does not excuse disregard of a judical order.
While all of these examples are present in just this one case, I have seen them in many other cases that DFPRS gets involved in.  
Your comment on your perception of (R)epublican beliefs shows just how FOS you are, although the rest of your statement doesn't need any help in that regard.

dang, in bold, your family must meet CPS on a daily basis, I'll stop there.    Unless its a one sided media rant that you are saying you have seen... The same media that everyone hated due to their love of the politicans that people here hate.

CPS does a good job on what resources they have.  If you think you can do a better job, then become a CPS worker.  ITs about the only job that always have openings.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:dang, in bold, your family must meet CPS on a daily basis, I'll stop there.    Unless its a one sided media rant that you are saying you have seen... The same media that everyone hated due to their love of the politicans that people here hate.

CPS does a good job on what resources they have.  If you think you can do a better job, then become a CPS worker.  ITs about the only job that always have openings.

Dang, you made an assumption, and were completely wrong.  Keep showing how FOS you are.
Never had them involved with my family.  If they were involved with my family on any level, I'd be out of my job.  I have had to work with them professionally on numerous occassions.  And I dread working with them.  We can hand them an investigation, and they will do nothing with it.  We try to get them involved in something that they should be handling, and they say it is someone else's responsibility.  But like another person posted, challenge their authority and they go nuts.  I actually enjoy them trying to tell a judge why they don't want to comply with an order;  I've had the great pleasure to see them do that more than once.
As for working for those clowns:  no thanks.  I make way more doing what I do (and having been promoted to my current position I am quite happy) and I have no desire at all to deal with the starry-eyed idealists fresh out of college or the burnt out hippies.
I will say the ONE thing I've seen them do well is handle adoptions.
I don't know why you keep dragging in some kind of side subject that is totally unrelated.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dang, in bold, your family must meet CPS on a daily basis, I'll stop there.    Unless its a one sided media rant that you are saying you have seen... The same media that everyone hated due to their love of the politicans that people here hate.

WTF?

You ever think maybe he is LEO or some other profession that has to deal with the jackasses on a daily basis. No, you just assume that since he's dealt with them so much he must have a messed up family.  Ignore facts, check. Twist statements, check. Discredit those with differing opinons, check. The local community colleges over courses that can help your reading comprehension. The same class can also improve your writing. For example:

CPS does Some CPS workers do a good job on with what resources they have.  If you think you can do a better job, then become a CPS worker.  ITs It's about the only job that always have openings. The tragedy is that many CPS workers overstep their legal, moral, and ethical bounds, while showing complete disregard for the families they fracture and the individuals whose reputations are destroyed. These actions, in and of themselves, are enough to cause bipartisan outrage among the public, not to mention the typical freedom loving arfcommer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top