Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/27/2005 10:17:17 PM EST
I'm in the Army, active duty. I'm thinking of getting a UT non-res permit, because it's good all over the place, to include the state I'm stationed in.

packing.org implies I can get a permit without going to an approved course, if I get something written out by my platoon sergeant saying I'm proficient with my weapons systems ... this part:

(iii) equivalent experience with a firearm
through participation in an organized shooting
competition, law enforcement, or military service.

Anybody *know* if this is acceptable, or should I just call BCI and ask?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:38:00 AM EST
I think that it would always be the best to call and verify anything you read on the interweb.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:28:13 AM EST
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:56:11 PM EST
I actually took in a letter from my commander stating that I had attended a military police academy and was trained in the use of deadly force. Because I'm USAF Security Forces (military police), Utah didn't require me to attend a course. Now this was a couple years ago. I don't know if you have equivilent training. Hope this helps.

Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top