Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2005 3:08:35 PM EDT
It is once again coming time for the annual IPSC 101 class held at Livingston Gun Club on Saturday, April 2nd.  The class will teach the rules, equipment, safety, different courses of fire and many other aspects of the practical shooting sport.  And yes, there will be opportunity to shoot at least 2 different courses of fire.
No need to be a club member, or a USPSA/IPSC member.  The class is designed to be a basic guideline on practical shooting.  If you are able to safely handle a pistol or revolver, and have had at least some time shooting, this class is for you.
Things you will need include a notepad, pen or pencil, pistol or revolver, 3 or magazines and/or speedloaders, a strong hand holster, and magazine holders for your belt.   Bring at least 100 rounds of ammo, or more if you choose to shoot more!
LGC is located in Brighton, Mi.  Please visit www.livingstongunclub.org for directions to the club.

EDITED FOR CORRECT DATE OF SATURDAY, APRIL 2ND!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad everything is held on Sunday mornings.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:05:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:07:28 AM EDT
[#3]
The class is on Saturday morning, April 2nd.  I made an error on the date the firsat post.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I mean that all the matches are held on Sunday's. For me, I can not go due to Worship.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Ziti,

I know that Detroit Sportsmens COngress will allow shooters on their setup Saturday.  They will begin shooting outdoor matches again on the third weekend in April.  There are also clubs near Lansing and Grand Rapids, Toledo that might shoot on Saturday's.  If you go to www.USPSA.com and search for clubs, you can send some notes about Saturday shoots.  Hope you can find a match or two!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info!! I will check. The main reason for me to get into the Livingston range, I took my CCW class with the North West in Redford, I have been a long time customers of Chris', and I like the way he handles himself....And he being the president and all, I know the club will be ran good. I am self emp'd, I could make time to go there weekly, but to work on match stuff, and not being able to shoot at them, well, it kinda took my fire out of joining.

If I can find good saturday matches, then I will join the club..Thanks again for the info.

Chris

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:12:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Ziti,

if possible, t\be at this IPSC 101 class.  I am working on a new range in Romulus that will soon have IPSC on Saturday's.

Cameron
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Cameron!

How do I sign up for this class?
I missed last year's and would definetly like to make it there this time around.

Hassan
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Hassan,

Hope you can make this one.  No sign up needed, just be at the club at 9am.

BTW, my first AR should arrive shortly.  Finally got around to ordering a DPMS M4A3!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top