Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 5:36:30 PM EDT
I shipped a rifle out today, and before I went the buyer and I agreed that I'd try to ship overnight. The UPS counterperson said they can't ship rifles overnight-ground only.

Has this always been the case? Is it this way, or is this UPS center mistaken?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was over night only for UPS??

wolf
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Overnight only for handguns through them, but they said ground only for rifles. That doesn't really make sense, but the two people didn't act as if they only thought that was the case. They were polite and not arrogant, but confident in the policies.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Per the UPS web site it talks about shipping handguns overnight, it does not say anything about rifles.  If you want to pay to ship a rifle overnight I'd ask to see the rules where it says you can't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top