Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 7:59:24 PM EDT
They delivered a package to my house today and the dude was driving a rented moving van.
Nevermind that the package was not addressed to me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You say that everytime you get a package in a plain brown wrapper.

My package from Newegg.Com showed up just fine though.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You say that everytime you get a package in a plain brown wrapper.

Was for my neighbor...apparantly the guy couldn't tell the difference between the number 20 and the number 14.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You're probably lucky he didn't just drive past the entrance to your court and toss it from the truck.

"Meh, it's for one of those houses."
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, speaking of UPS.  When the hell did they replace their vans?  They don't sound the same anymore!  Used to be I could tell a UPS van coming down the street blindfolded.  Now they just have these wimpy sounding things.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#5]
they hit my house at 8pm last night to drop off some packages. The guy knocked on the door left the packages and took off without waiting for me to get to the door or sign for them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#6]
UPS delivered to my door yesterday in a Ryder rental van.
The driver told me that they hated driving them because Ryder has GPS in them and if they speed beyond a certain speed Ryder charges UPS who in turn fires the driver.

Tinfoil hat type, I dunno.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#7]
The UPS Van that comes where I work has been towing a UPS Trailer.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Just got two from the same place as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just got two from the same place as well.

My 5 have not shown up yet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#10]
UPS/DHL/FED EX are getting extremely pissed with me. We 100% of our Christmas shopping online this year so we have been seeing all three, every day for a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#11]
We just had an Enterprise rental truck pull up with a UPS gal in it. She was lost so we sent her the wrong way. She should be to Belfair soon.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Snicker!  Belfair eh? Where did you send her from?

Chris
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#13]
UPS delivered my Springfield Super Match to my FFL's front door without even knocking, this was at 8pm on Wednesday.  Real nice job by the boys in brown!  I luckily checked on the tracking for the package and saw they'd left it on his porch.  I let him know and he brought it inside before it spent the night out there.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:03:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Snicker!  Belfair eh? Where did you send her from?

Chris

I was in Gig Harbor at the time but she didn't fall for it after all as I saw her later on my way out; she WAS headed the wrong way though but the address she gave us was nothing we had heard of on the street that we are on.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I just had some fool pull up and drop off $1000.00 in nylon from BDS Tactical. No knock, no nothing, luckily I  hear a car door. So I go look, and the dipshit driving away in a POV Ford Explorer! Rental Vans are one thing, but POVs???
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Those bungholes scheduled my package to arrive yesterday. When it didn't arrive, I found out they were going to be delivering it next Tuesday instead of the scheduled day. After speaking with 3 of their reps and getting no results, I'm a little beside myself. And the icing on the cake? They don't honor their guarantee during the Holidays. What can Brown do for you? Yes, what indeed?

Use USPS. They delivered a package from my sister today. It was sent 4 days later and arrived and it arrived 4 days earlier, and that's if they deliver on the "rescheduled" date from UPS. UPS is the cat's balls.

Rincon (sending chain-mails and responding to every message board I know of, as much as possible, to damage their business)
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Those bungholes scheduled my package to arrive yesterday. When it didn't arrive, I found out they were going to be delivering it next Tuesday instead of the scheduled day. After speaking with 3 of their reps and getting no results, I'm a little beside myself. And the icing on the cake? They don't honor their guarantee during the Holidays. What can Brown do for you? Yes, what indeed?

Use USPS. They delivered a package from my sister today. It was sent 4 days later and arrived and it arrived 4 days earlier, and that's if they deliver on the "rescheduled" date from UPS. UPS is the cat's balls.

Rincon (sending chain-mails and responding to every message board I know of, as much as possible, to damage their business)

Im happy as hell with the service I have been getting from Brown this year.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Use USPS. They delivered a package from my sister today. It was sent 4 days later and arrived and it arrived 4 days earlier, and that's if they deliver on the "rescheduled" date from UPS. UPS is the cat's balls.[

Im happy as hell with the service I have been getting from Brown this year.

It's good things are going will with you (not being sarcastic).  However, will you be singing their praises when you are waiting for something important that doesn't come and their responce is "Our bad.  Oh yea and our policy is to not honor our guarantee during 'so-so'.  Your in luck though, it might come four days from now."  My experience with them this has been one delivery.  That one delivery was fubar'ed.  That makes them batting 0.    

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

USPS is all good if you are there to sign. My son's GF doesnt get her presents till Tuesday since no one was home to sign.

I told him thats what he gets for ordering online at the last minute.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:They don't honor their guarantee during the Holidays. What can Brown do for you? Yes, what indeed?

Holidays don't matter if you shipped Overnight, Second Day, or Three Day. These are the only services they guarantee. The sender can get the shipping money back if they choose, but unfortunately you will probably not see that money. Ground packages have a projected date of delivery but the only thing they guarantee on them is whatever you insured them for. The delivery date is at their discrection so this time of year no telling when you might see something depending on how busy our hub is. My driver about the middle of December always has a copilot with him through the end of the month and I have recieved packages from them as late as 9:00pm and even Saturdays without paying for Saturday deliveries.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:They don't honor their guarantee during the Holidays. What can Brown do for you? Yes, what indeed?

Holidays don't matter if you shipped Overnight, Second Day, or Three Day. These are the only services they guarantee. The sender can get the shipping money back if they choose, but unfortunately you will probably not see that money. Ground packages have a projected date of delivery but the only thing they guarantee on them is whatever you insured them for. The delivery date is at their discrection so this time of year no telling when you might see something depending on how busy our hub is. My driver about the middle of December always has a copilot with him through the end of the month and I have recieved packages from them as late as 9:00pm and even Saturdays without paying for Saturday deliveries.

I feel for the driver's, I have no problem with them.  I know that they are treated like garbage from what the delivery guy in my last job said.  They "discourage" lunch breaks and they tried to fire him when a customer complained that he wasn't wearing his seat belt, as he hopped up to his truck in order to back up.  

I'm not exaclty sure what their guarantee entails, all know is what they told me, that they do not honor their guarantee during Christmas.  When I asked where I could find on there website this explained or even mentioned I was told "I'm sure it's on there somewhere."  Again, the customer service is shining.    
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, all told I was only jacked on one package, and the USPS was the guilty party.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well, all told I was only jacked on one package, and the USPS was the guilty party.

Well, I guess we're all screwed then

Guess there's always Fed-Ex.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#24]
UPS uses an Aerostar in my neck of the woods. I feel like ordering 20,000 rounds of 50bmg just to see that Aerostar collapse.

And, Phil, when did I make your sig? I just noticed - not a lot of that "paying attention" thing going on
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
UPS uses an Aerostar in my neck of the woods. I feel like ordering 20,000 rounds of 50bmg just to see that Aerostar collapse.

That would be funny as hell to see!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#26]
ABOUT A YEAR OR TWO AGO, MY UPS DRIVER WAS LOADING LIKE 100K OF 9X19 INTO HIS TRUCK AND GOT WORRIED AND LOOKED AT WHERE IT WAS GOING, HE KNEW IT WAS EITHER THE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE, OR MY BUSINESS, NW LIEN SERVICE, AND WAS WORRIED THAT IT WAS GOING TO ME, AS I'M UP ON THE SECOND FLOOR OF AN OFFICE BUILDING WITH NO ELEVATOR!!!!  HE SAID HE WAS QUITE RELIEVED WHEN HE SAW IT WAS ON THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE, AS THEY ARE ON THE GROUND FLOOR....

YEAH, I FEEL FOR THE DRIVERS, THEY TREAT THEM LIKE KRAP...NICE WHEN YOU GET A 'GOOD' ONE, HELPS WITH DELIVERIES.....
--CARLOS
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I have sent and revieved 100's of things thru UPS, never had a single issue, they are tops in my book.

I had a mixer I bought for mom for Xmas, according to tracking it was not due to arrive untill the 27th, but bless UPS heart it showed up last friday :)

did you guys know most of the brown trucks DON'T have power steering!  you can get one with PS if you blow your shoulders out driving a non PS truck.....thats a hell of a way to get an upgrade ;)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, these ass clowns missed their second delivery date.  How hard is it to transfer the pachage from the sorting facility to me which is in the same town??!!  UPS is truely the suk.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I had a mixer I bought for mom for Xmas,

Xmas???
What are you, some kind of liberal commie left-wing politicaly correct bleeding heart liberal?

How did your mom like her mixer?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I see the UPS man probably 3 times a week and probably multiple packages half the time so you can do the math. They have in 3 years of busy traffic damaged about 6 boxes that were noted. The contents were all fine. They have had Air late, as in after 10AM,  about a half dozen times which to me doesn't matter but the shipper got there funds back with a phone call.

USPS in the last two months has lost two boxes completely, damaged two express letters to the point the money orders inside were not cashable, and I have had a half dozen packages noted damaged.

Postal Services record in two months is worse that UPS in three years, "but" I really think it is because of the holiday rush. I never have problems with them during the rest of the year and they are cheap and fast. Note that these are from packages coming in not going out so maybe that has something to do with it?? Packages going out I have never had problems with so far with either...

Yes your package is MIA...Yes it sucks to wait on something...Have a shot of Makers and think about the good things in life...Then if you really want your box call the 1-800 number and tell them you will come down and get your package at the hub. Whenever I have a hot one that I might miss and really need this works like a charm. I swing in and by the time I get to the door the gals usually have it sittin there for me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:56:30 AM EDT
[#31]
just lazy and as far from PC as they come ;)..........and mom is out mixxing a batch now :D

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had a mixer I bought for mom for Xmas,

Xmas???
What are you, some kind of liberal commie left-wing politicaly correct bleeding heart liberal?

How did your mom like her mixer?
www.mower-magic.co.uk/acatalog/alko_cement_mixer.jpg

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top