Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 11:07:16 AM EDT
You guys have had so much taken away from you.  I'm curious if there is an organized, meaningful movement to try and remove some of the restrictions.

As we've seen on both sides of the pond, gun control is not the same as criminal control.

Here we have the NRA, CCRKBA, HGOA, etc. to lobby our government representatives, plus my Congressman and both Senators representing me in DC are pro-gun rights for citizens.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:14:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
You guys have had so much taken away from you.  I'm curious if there is an organized, meaningful movement to try and remove some of the restrictions.

As we've seen on both sides of the pond, gun control is not the same as criminal control.

Here we have the NRA, CCRKBA, HGOA, etc. to lobby our government representatives, plus my Congressman and both Senators representing me in DC are pro-gun rights for citizens.

There was a thread earlier about this subject. If I find it I'll post a link.

Your RKBA thing was never allowed in the UK so it has never been taken away. We've always been, and still are, able to use just enough force to stop someone injuring you/your family etc in an attack. If that means killing or shooting 'a perp', then so be it.
There are moves afoot to try and bring back our previously lost rights, and there are several organisations here to help, such as the NRA and BASC as well as others. Some are more effective than others.

CCRKBA did open up an office in London (might even be open still), but I think they were never here to help us, just as a publicity stunt aimed at the US market.  

Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top