Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2012 4:10:36 PM EDT
My son was friends with the little boy, he went to school with him.

This is so terrible, just a freak accident, but still terrible.

Story
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
That is terrible. I feel for the friends and family.
From my sailing days I remember how much emphasis was put on properly wiring a boat/dock. It is serious business and if done wrong it can easily kill.
Poor kids, God bless their souls.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#2]
This is truly sad.  
Thoughts and prayers go out to them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think my son truly understands that he won't be seeing his friend in class next year.  The teenage girl across the street from me was friends with the girl who died.  My 10 year old daughter is friends with the surviving son who was, I assume, not in the water at the time.  She said she wanted to talk to him and I told her we should give them a little bit of time.  Just terrible.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#4]
 Prayers for the family.

It never ceases to amaze me......

If anyone ever needs a recomendation for a competent electrician or contractor, feel free to contact me and I will put you in touch with people that do things correctly and safely.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea, really bad deal. The 4th will never be the same for that poor family.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
 Prayers for the family.

It never ceases to amaze me......

If anyone ever needs a recomendation for a competent electrician or contractor, feel free to contact me and I will put you in touch with people that do things correctly and safely.

I don't know what exactly happened, but that dock could have been there 20 years.  Constant wave action and weather, anything could have come loose.  Anything could have happened to cause that freak incident.  I was telling my wife that kids are more likely to die riding home in the family truckster from vacation than something like this.  I understand the human instinct to find out WTF happened and fix it, but I don't know if this was just one of those things.

Either way it is just so sad for the family.

But you are right if the electrical was installed by some schmo that didn't know what he was doing that is bad, but also remember that these docks are supposed to at least be inspected when they are first built to insure they are safe.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
that is just so very sad to not just lose one child but two at the same time

I could not even imagine the pain

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top