Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 4/2/2006 3:20:39 AM EST
Hey guys, I bought a Turner NM, and a MRT NM sling from the Armory about 10 years ago, since I like the old cotton GI slings better, I put the leather ones on the EE sale block.

I listed the Turner NM for $45 and the MRT for $35 and have been getting all kinds of messages complaining that my price is too high. I thought I paid well over $50 for the Turner, and it's in perfect condition.

Am I too high? I'm not trying to scalp anyone. What do y'all think is a fair price?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:25:59 AM EST
Sorry RV, a "fair" price is what people are willing to pay for something. Try reducing it if you can stand it. I've been trying to sell a national match upper - $1000 new, $700 somewhat used - for three months now with no success. At a certain point, you have to decide "at what point will I just keep the thing" - especially if you think you'll need it later (as is my case).

The EE is definitely a buyer's market. I don't know how the vendors sell things - I've tried to sell almost new things for as little as 75% of the original price and have found no takers. My only advice is to buy things dirt cheap on the EE so you can sell it back a little less than dirt cheap later, if you aren't 100% sure that you will want to keep it forever.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:40:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By King_of_All_Tyrants:
Sorry RV, a "fair" price is what people are willing to pay for something. Try reducing it if you can stand it. I've been trying to sell a national match upper - $1000 new, $700 somewhat used - for three months now with no success. At a certain point, you have to decide "at what point will I just keep the thing" - especially if you think you'll need it later (as is my case).

The EE is definitely a buyer's market. I don't know how the vendors sell things - I've tried to sell almost new things for as little as 75% of the original price and have found no takers. My only advice is to buy things dirt cheap on the EE so you can sell it back a little less than dirt cheap later, if you aren't 100% sure that you will want to keep it forever.

Thanks for the info!
Top Top