Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 12:19:04 PM EDT
Saved ya some cash before betting

his old Marine footlocker Charlie packed an array of supplies.  He brought a radio, 3 gallons of water, gasoline, a notebook and pen, a compass, a hatchet and hammer, food, two knives, a flashlight and batteries, and various other implements which made it clear he was prepared for a lengthy standoff.  Additionally, he packed guns—a 35mm Remington rifle, a 6mm Remington rifle with a scope, a 357 Magnum Smith & Wesson revolver, a 9mm Luger pistol, and a Galesi-Brescia pistol.  Later that morning he would buy two more weapons, a 30 caliber M-1 carbine and a 12-gauge shotgun.

info page
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Saved ya some cash before betting

his old Marine footlocker Charlie packed an array of supplies.  He brought a radio, 3 gallons of water, gasoline, a notebook and pen, a compass, a hatchet and hammer, food, two knives, a flashlight and batteries, and various other implements which made it clear he was prepared for a lengthy standoff.  Additionally, he packed guns—a 35mm Remington rifle, a 6mm Remington rifle with a scope, a 357 Magnum Smith & Wesson revolver, a 9mm Luger pistol, and a Galesi-Brescia pistol.  Later that morning he would buy two more weapons, a 30 caliber M-1 carbine and a 12-gauge shotgun.

info page

Now there are a lot of guns I have never heard of, but a 35MM???

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It's a BIG gun.....

Perhaps it is a 17.8 x 35mm Remington
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#3]
My only question is WHY 'weeds needs this info....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
We were discussing it at Tweak's party last night,

Weeds was sure he had an M14, but I remembered a carbine. Luckily we didn't bet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a BIG gun.....

Perhaps it is a 17.8 x 35mm Remington

Thats a flintlock.

Maybe this?

35MM. Thats a prime example why you cant trust media or writers.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Weeds was sure he had an M14, but I remembered a carbine. Luckily we didn't bet.

He may have just been remembering that there was an M14 involved with Whitman, but it was being used to shoot at him, not being shot by him.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He may have just been remembering that there was an M14 involved with Whitman, but it was being used to shoot at him, not being shot by him.

No he was adamant about Whitman using an M14.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Musthave been the beer talking.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Musthave been the beer talking.  

Either that or the bottle of rum he started and finished.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember this story from way back and have always thought he had an M14 in the tower. Learn something new everyday
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I remember this story from way back and have always thought he had an M14 in the tower. Learn something new everyday

When I told you to call me if you needed a spotter, I didn't mean for this.....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I always thought it was a hunting rifle.

There is no way he was making 450 yard shots with a M1 Carbine.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
We were discussing it at Tweak's party last night.......hr
 The only big discussion I remember was what would you rather have:

Machinegun arms

or

Laserbeam eyes

?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#14]
CavVet,
The article says he had that 6mm and the obviously misprinted 35mm Remington.

Rune,
This was a few hours,  and a bottle of rum later. The M1 Carbine, and M14 were brought up, and a bet was nearly made.  I think somebody mentioned something about a hunting rifle too.  Well two out of three isn't bad.

I missed the machine gun arms versus laser beam eyes.  I was being too much a pussy to brave the cold for that one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We were discussing it at Tweak's party last night.......

Machinegun arms

or

Laserbeam eyes

?

HAHAHA!!  I know who YOU were talking to!  We've been having that stupid discussion for over a year now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
We were discussing it at Tweak's party last night.......

Machinegun arms

or

Laserbeam eyes

?

HAHAHA!!  I know who YOU were talking to!  We've been having that stupid discussion for over a year now.

Did he ever say the 155?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:10:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top