Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2008 5:28:28 AM EDT
I live in the neighborhood and always hit the gun show right about now and I just took a drive by the fairgrounds to see what the crowd was like. I estimate the line waiting to get in the builiding is easily 10, maybe 20  times longer than normal for this early in the morning. Traffic is also way heavier than usual.

If you're going to go, you might want to leave earlier than you were planning, and butter yourself up so you can squeeze through the crowd. Looks like a good weekend to be a vendor with a lot of stock.

Link Posted: 11/8/2008 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm way too late.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't bother driving down there.  The place was going to be way too packed and I'd rather do something else with my Saturday.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
This was my first time to the show, the crowds weren't really that bad from 10-2 when we were there.  Maybe 2 minutes at the door.  Some aisles were crowded but it was normal walking half the time.  Only bad parts were when two guys on motorized chairs got going opposite directions in an aisle.  Some crowds around black rifle tables, looks like they were doing a good business.

On the bad side, I wasn't too impressed with the show other than the number of tables.  Lots to cover but the same stuff as I can see at home.  Only 3-4 tables with powder, no Vhit to be had.  Glad I didn't make a special trip for the show, but I have relatives here so it is still a fun trip.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I usually go to the Tulsa show every year but they move it from late October to early November and my busiest time at work is the first two weeks in the month.  I have all the weapons I need except for a Mossberg 930 SPX so I am buying some more ammo online.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I arrived about 8:15 this morning i was one happy sob to have an inside conection the line was pretty long.......................................................................
I think we was get'n some where the hell yall going looks as we walked past everyone[>:/]
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This was my first time to the show, the crowds weren't really that bad from 10-2 when we were there.  Maybe 2 minutes at the door.  Some aisles were crowded but it was normal walking half the time.  Only bad parts were when two guys on motorized chairs got going opposite directions in an aisle.  Some crowds around black rifle tables, looks like they were doing a good business.

On the bad side, I wasn't too impressed with the show other than the number of tables.  Lots to cover but the same stuff as I can see at home.  Only 3-4 tables with powder, no Vhit to be had.  Glad I didn't make a special trip for the show, but I have relatives here so it is still a fun trip.

Man If looks could have killed today.
One of those guys was going down an aisle hitting every high dollar O/U on this guys table. You could tell that guy wanted to football tackle the guy off that thing
It was crazy watching that guy it was like he was oblivious to the fact he was slaming into all these guns.

Link Posted: 11/9/2008 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#7]
All in all it was one  of the Best show I been too, prices not to bad for once, some were high but most were fair and my son had fun, one joker was selling a S&W I think it was a used 49<––––could be wrong on the number––- for $550 [>:/] and AK kits going around $350 even the rusted ones too, Mark was selling AR hotcakes Model 1 had lots of Upper and I was able to get my small parts their (tapper pins) all AR dealer were B~Z,cool to see the MG  60, 249, etc my son get a hardon over them even a used L.A.W for sale $150 But the crowds are just part of the this show, always will be, High points 9mm and 45 apc going for  $169 to rusted cowboy guns $2,700 , got a bandoleer for some 885 for $50 dealer would deal..  Next show is in April hopeful their not a BAN in place.
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
It took me over an hour to find a parking place and get in the door....and that was starting at 12:30. They had only one girl at the ticket counter so that line snaked around the front. After that it was packed like I haven't seen it before. By the time I got around to looking for ammo, all those pallets were empty. Learned to get the ammo last unless you like totin' the extra weight around. I got some good deals but hated to see certain vendors scratching out one price, doubling that, then later scratching that one out to raise the price even higher. IE Glock 33rd mags, $19.95 then $40 then $60. Overall, it was a good show though. Oblamo sure revitalised sales there, heh heh.

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Kinda like the Y2K thing all in FEAR! for nothing
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I was there both days.  Good deals were few and far between.  If you were looking for EBRs you were out of luck.  The cheapest stripped lowers that I found were 159.  Plain jane bushmasters for $1000+.  FAL's for $1500+.  Even the garands were freaking outrageous.  I did manage to pick up a nice Colt Delta Elite for about 750 and a nice smith 29-2 for 400.  Good deals were there but it took a hell of a lot of leg work to find them.  Almost everyone was price gouging on any semi auto rifle.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#11]
About the only thing that I walked out with was a few Pmags, was able to find some of the 20rd ones which nobody else seems to have in stock and a couple of ammos cans.

The guy I was with got a decent deal on a RRA and thats about it.

Was busy as hell though with the line like a 150 yards long when we got there at 8:30
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#12]
the last 4 shows I have gone on a Saturday to check out the goodies.
This past weekend I went on Sunday , which fit my schedule better.
EVERY ammo retailer was seriously depleted in the "major" calibers...e.g:
.223/5.56
.45 ACP
(I realise there are other caibers used.. I don't use them)
nearly every dealer looked as if a swarm of locusts had devoured their stock.
It would seem that many are concerned about shortages , bans, or potentially exorbitant FEDERAL taxes being legislated.
YMMV , these are just personal observations.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#13]
i got twice a year...sunday mornings around 9 are best....realtive free  movment until around 1130.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top