Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2003 12:52:28 PM EDT
Man, my legs are STILL sore...  Anyway, went to the show on Saturday and walked about 3/4ths of it.  Dad bought another Mauser (instead of the ammo he needs) less than halfway through the bottom level, and found himself lugging it around the rest of the show.  While not authentic, the $3 nylon sling he bought two rows later came in very handy.

There seemed to be a LOT of Garands, '03 Springfields, Enfields, and FN-49s.  An unusual amount, in my experience.  Ammo could be had on the cheap and in abundance.  By around 3:00 that afternoon, 8mm Mauser ammo was getting down around $68/1400 rounds.  

I had been debating for several months whether to buy an M-14 clone or an FAL clone.  I set my price limit at $1200, as I didn't want anything fancy, just a standard M-14 or a base (more or less) FAL.  Pickings were a little slim on both, unusually so.  There is usually a guy that has a table full of Springfield M1As of various flavors.  I probably just didn't walk far enough, but I stopped after I found a guy selling a really nice Enterprise STG-58C.

Went to the AmmunitionStore.com table to buy ammo because they had the cheapest price I saw for South African .308 ammo.  I got a promise from the guy working the table, who said "I'll be with you right aver I help this guy."  Since I had always gotten good service from AmmunitionStore.com's gunshow tables, I waited.  There was a pretty blonde girl working the table also, but she was off by the pistol ammo helping those folks.  So the guy that said he'd be right with me helped the guy he said he was going to help and like 20 other people.  So I said "Screw him" and went back down stairs.  I paid an extra $5 for the 1240 round case and some prompt and curteous service at the "Ammo, clips, scopes, etc." table.

Dad and I spent the rest of the afternoon folding our new toys and cleaning my FAL magazines.  Sunday, we went out and function tested our new guns.  I had 1 magazine (out of the 7 that came with the gun) that just wouldn't work right.  It refused to feed rounds from the right side of the mag and wouldn't always feed from the left side.

Anyways....hope everyone had fun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#1]
i walked the whole damn thing out,then went back to look at certain items.i also bought a case of south african 308 1249 rounds, that was some weight.i also got a case of santa barbra 223. total elapsed time at show was about 6 hours.was so wore out sunday i  practically slept all day and night.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Did anyone get any details about the accidential discharge they had at the south door on Sunday?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Hrm...Didn't hear anything about it.  Apparantly, they had an ND at last October's show, too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:45:07 AM EDT
[#4]
At least one ND a show seems to be the norm at Tulsa.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
What were the prices on Korean and Danish 30.06?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#6]
prices on 3006 sucked.you could do better at ammoman.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top