Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 11:22:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 11:23:06 PM EST by TheRedHorseman]
Holy crap guys, these people know how to make some seriously heart stopping great food. I cant pronounce most of the names of them but good stuff. like a slab of cheese that is breaded, fried, then flambe'd and served on a pita. or kebabs, lamb, and various other sorts of cholesterol laden goodies. anyway its at St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church on Ft. Lowell just east of 1st. and no, they arent shoving religious stuff down your throat with the food, its a fundraiser for the church and its charities. best part is: I get the food for free since I'm working security.

oh and they have beer and wine too. its 5-11 tomorrow and noon-11 sat and sun. I highly reccomend it, expect to pay about $15 per person with admission and food and all. a bit more if you like to drink. but they have ATMs inside and jumping castles and the like for the kids. its worth it for the food guys.

and no I dont go to this church, in fact I go to no church. I just figured you guys all like to eat, and this is a great opportunity to try new good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:12:54 AM EST
Thanks for the info, I may stop by on Sat. I will probaly be driving the CUCV.( MMMMMMMM Greek cooking)
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:19:12 PM EST
In February, St. Katherine's Greek Orthodox Church in Chandler has a Greek Fesitval as well..

Stuffed grape leaves, lamb skewers, baklava...yummmm..

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:31:43 PM EST
Top Top