Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2011 2:00:39 PM EDT
In a rare finding against a city police officer, Gahiji Tshamba was convicted Thursday of voluntary manslaughter and a handgun violation in the shooting death of Tyrone Brown. Circuit Court Judge Edward R. K. Hargadon said Tshamba was under the influence of alcohol and "grossly overreacted" after a dispute at a Mount Vernon nightclub. Above, Vivian Scott, left, Brown's mother, is comforted by his sister, Chantay Kangalee, after the verdict.

Baltimore Sun

Ya know - this is all kinds of bullshit.  First off - were it you or I, even with a permit - 12 shots  You'd be gone for life.

So it's involuntary manslaughter - WFT man - what kind of half-assed crap is that . . . .

Anyway a thug with a badge . . . is still just a thug.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#1]
The serfs can't do nuttin.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Been a while, but IIRC, the victim was a really good guy; a veteran & well liked.

In contrast, this convict Tshamba had previously shot someone in the back & got away with it on account of the badge he carried (and abused).

He should have been made an example of.  Every officer out to be highly offended at such a light sentence.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
How is it "involuntary" to pull out your gun and kill a guy?

Seems pretty voluntary to me.

It's not like you dropped a piano from the top of a building accidentally and it was like, oh shit, I totally didn't mean to kill that guy.  Pretty sure you meant to do it.

But maybe I just don't understand because I'm not profeshunul enough to carry a gun?
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess they gave him a break - but again - you or I - we'd be in the slam for life.

We have two standards of behavior and as we all know, that goes against what this country was built on.  It's a disgrace
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Good, bad or indifferent.
In Baltimore, the ghetto always wins.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Shot once or twice or dumped a whole mag in the guy really has no relevance.  If it was a good shoot so be it.  As the good Dr. above pointed out, if someone makes a grab for your gun all bets are off.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Well looks like the adjudication said it wasn't a good shoot, ergo the conviction.  So any guesses on the sentence?
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
(had he been found innocent, which he should have been, the city would have burned)

Would anyone have been upset with the improvement?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:05:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't mind - burn out the roaches and the rats.  Still I am not on board with the LE shooting.  Guy had a record of being out, drinking, being in the wrong place, shot someone else . . . he was a liability IMHO.

Sentence - 10 years until the crowd disperses and then on appeal reduced to 2, out on time served.

Big question: will he ever wear a badge and uniform again?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:06:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
(had he been found innocent, which he should have been, the city would have burned)

Would anyone have been upset with the improvement?

Just let me leave work before they light things up.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top