Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2005 1:09:23 AM EDT
Some time ago, one of you guys posted some pics of a shooting area I believe north of the Apex shooting area.  I could be wrong but wasnt it off I-93 somewhere?  I think the backstop was an old mine or some such thing.  If any of you know what Im talking about, help me figure this out. Im looking for a new spot to shoot at.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 4:57:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought Apex was off of the 15?

Anyhow,  there's a spot just north of the Indian Springs Prison that seems to serve as a dump and shooting area. Just take the road that passes to the north of the prison, go a few miles, and youre there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I-93 runs behind the Apex. I drove on that road for 10 hours to meet the in laws.  Thanks for the tip Chiz.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 5:49:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the tip Chiz.

Don't know if you should THANK me. Prepare to be unimpressed. However, it is quiet, and not widely used (by shooters, that is).
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:42:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Wolfpack, thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.  I want to go check this area out because the last few times I went out to Apex there were a shitload of people out there shooting and 4 wheeling all over. Maybe this place wont get too crowded.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wolfpack, thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.  I want to go check this area out because the last few times I went out to Apex there were a shitload of people out there shooting and 4 wheeling all over. Maybe this place wont get too crowded.

And lots of muddy terrain as of late.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#9]
How about here at Commerce and Craig...............

Hahahaha just kidding.

Why don't you shoot on base?

V
OUT
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How about here at Commerce and Craig...............

Hahahaha just kidding.

Why don't you shoot on base?

V
OUT

There goes Variable again.... Always tryin' to improve the neighborhood!
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:11:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Variable, I didnt think I could shoot up on our range because that would make too much sense.  I could play Fallujah here in my neigborhood.  Plenty of moving target and a ready made MOUT environment.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#12]
We can use our ranges up at Indian Springs too.  Rock out on the pop up targets.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#13]
You will not be able to see the wood from 93. Someone burned it all away. Just look for the large dug-out spot where the valley narrows on both sides. There is a pull-off with a couple of trash cans. You should be able to find it with no problem. If not, PM me. I am lookin' at shootin' up there at lunch sometime next week. (If my mags come in). I work on base also, so we should be able to set something up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#14]
You must have some kind of lunch hour if you can drive up that way and shoot, thn make it back to base in time.  Shit, my lunch break is called sitting in my cruiser hoping to finnish my burger before some dumb twat in base housing calls and I get sent to a bullshit dispatch.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You must have some kind of lunch hour if you can drive up that way and shoot, thn make it back to base in time.  Shit, my lunch break is called sitting in my cruiser hoping to finnish my burger before some dumb twat in base housing calls and I get sent to a bullshit dispatch.

If I leave at 1130, I can make it back by 1230. Not much time for shootin'. But If I'm just lookin' to try out some mod or another, it gets the job done.

Wolfpack,
The hill is erodin' pretty bad with all this rain. Still a good backstop, but not like it used to be.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#17]
We'll have to go check that out dude.  I need to order some pistol ammo though...

I went to the DMV today so I can pick up my friggin lower on Saturday so I will start putting that turd together.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Sounds good. let me know how it goes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Shit, my lunch break is called sitting in my cruiser hoping to finnish my burger before some dumb twat in base housing calls and I get sent to a bullshit dispatch.

Is this a normal occurance or a specific call?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shit, my lunch break is called sitting in my cruiser hoping to finnish my burger before some dumb twat in base housing calls and I get sent to a bullshit dispatch.

Is this a normal occurance or a specific call?

With the luck that the have, this is a normal call.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Nellis isnt the mean streets or crime infested. Were more like a small town We get a few god calls every now and then like domestics, fights at the NCO club, but, the majority of our calls are complete bullshit. For instance, we'll get a call because a "ferocious" dog is running loose in base housing. I get there and the "wild" dog runs right up to me and wants to play. Or, some guy has a few friends over and gets a little loud in their conversation. Immediately a neighbor becomes a little tattle tale bitch and calls us instead of being an adult and asking them to quiet down.  Just dumb shit like that are some examples of the banality of my job.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#22]
LOL, just wondering. Because while i was Deployed my dog went missing and the wife freaked out. You know no kids so the dog is like our kid, anyway I thought it was funny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top