Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 11:26:02 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

What is the consensus about trust vs LE signoff for NFA items?  I live in Lewis and Clark County.

I have done the trust thing before, when I lived in NC.  Just wondering what would be the least painful route.

Thanks!

billpete
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Leo is very good to work with.  Just go in, dial the number for the sheriffs admin., she comes out, hand her your forms, she'll ask for your number, she calls and you go back and pick them up.  Most of the time they turn them around within a day. It all depends on how busy Leo is. Oh, and having a cwp helps as the admin lady does not have to run a background check on you.

When I moved back here Cheryl was he CLEO. I needed a signature and I was invited back into her office for a visit. I thought to myself, 'here we go'.  But, I was pleasantly surprised to find she was very supportive. We just shot the shit for a while and hen she signed the forms. I think she just wanted to make sure I wasn't a wingnut. After that, I was never invited back to talk. Just drop them off and her assistant would take care of the rest.  

The fingerprinting has move out of the DOJ building and is now across the street from the Overland Express/Naughty Latte. They charge five bucks.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the consensus...
View Quote

The older I get, the less likely this seems.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhhh the Naughty Latte. I'll have a DD white chocolate please
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What is the consensus...

Why?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Leo is very good to work with.  Just go in, dial the number for the sheriffs admin., she comes out, hand her your forms, she'll ask for your number, she calls and you go back and pick them up.  Most of the time they turn them around within a day. It all depends on how busy Leo is. Oh, and having a cwp helps as the admin lady does not have to run a background check on you.

When I moved back here Cheryl was he CLEO. I needed a signature and I was invited back into her office for a visit. I thought to myself, 'here we go'.  But, I was pleasantly surprised to find she was very supportive. We just shot the shit for a while and hen she signed the forms. I think she just wanted to make sure I wasn't a wingnut. After that, I was never invited back to talk. Just drop them off and her assistant would take care of the rest.  

The fingerprinting has move out of the DOJ building and is now across the street from the Overland Express/Naughty Latte. They charge five bucks.

View Quote

Nice!  The same lady that does the CWP, right?

Too easy, guess I will get hopping.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  When you walk in (before the CWP office) there is a walk up window. Next to the window is a phone to ring the internal offices in the building. You will see a list of offices/people next to the phone. You just dial the four digit extension for the Sheriffs administration office and the assistant will come out the door that is just past the CWP office. She will let you know where to pick it up. That seems to be changing. For the longest time you were to pick them up at the walk up window. Lately I have been told to pick up at the CWP office. I'd be sure to ask if she doesn't tell you.  

Honestly, the L&C Sheriff's office has made it so easy and polite that I've never even looked into a trust. The real benefit I can see from a trust is that now you have the ability to e-file. The electronic submissions seem to have much shorter approval times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top