Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 2/25/2007 8:30:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2007 4:02:42 AM EST by eric10mm]
...to get rid of all the crud that got in and on my guns at the CMMG shoot. I got 'em at Walmart so I bet they can be had elsewhere for less $$.

I tried some Outers Foaming Bore cleaner and it works reasonably well. After following the instructions (a rarity for me since I always know better), I went ahead and scrubbed a few passes with a bronze brush and got a little more crud out. It smells better than Hoppe's Bench Rest copper solvent too, and far better than Sweet's! VERY pricey though at $6.88 for a 3oz can and I have no idea how many times that it's good for.

Tried some Breakfree Powder Blast Gun Cleaner, their version of Gun Scrubber. It doesn't make your hands feel like they're being dipped in acid, it smells better (citrus) and it blasts a lot of the crud out of where you're spraying it. It still requires a bit of elbow grease to get the stickiest crud off but at least it was chemically weakened. However it does not dry completely by itself as well as Gun Scrubber. A little rag-time is still required for peak dryness, or my favorite technique, a can of computer "air" dusting cleaner. And every can of this Powder Blast sold supports the US Olympic Shooting Team! $4.73 for a 16oz can, over a buck cheaper than a 10oz can of Gun Scrubber.

And finally, RemOil. Yes I know it's not new, but I am new to it. After Watching Duke go through can after can of it at his shop, and faced with the daunting task of having to lube several entire long guns from stem to stern, in every nook & cranny, I needed something faster than my usual technique of Mobil 1 (5W30 if you must know) on Q-tips (my favorite gun cleaning tool). I needed something powered by ozone-depleting propellants! I am now hooked on this stuff and need to buy a case of it! $4.96 for a 10oz can. Damn you Duke, damn you to hell!

Oh, and I bought some Pibb Zero and Braunschweiger too. Mmmmm, Braunschweiger!
Top Top