Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2003 2:29:15 PM EDT

Damn that's fun! First time on the track, I came in first place too! (whoo-hoo!)

It's a hellovalotta fun if you've never tried it!!!

Many (MANY) years ago I tried the now-defunct "Malibu Grand Prix" on Hayden road by Big Surf but that's nothing compared to this. Much faster & better Karts and track at the indoor place.

I highly recommend it.

It's Speedway Indoor Kart Racing around 24st Street just south of I-10.

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:38:02 PM EDT
Thanks for the tip. I loved "Malibu Grand Prix", and was bummed when it was closed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:38:57 PM EDT
Technically, you came in 6th, since they go by best lap times. But I think that's bunk, since holding first is tough as crap with 12 other people fighting to get by.

Quite a rush, isn't it? If I wasn't saving for a rifle, and it wasn't $20 per race, I'd do it more often.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:54:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2003 7:59:05 PM EDT by The_Macallan]

Originally Posted By AZYoungGun:
Technically, you came in 6th, since they go by best lap times. But I think that's bunk, since holding first is tough as crap with 12 other people fighting to get by.

Quite a rush, isn't it? If I wasn't saving for a rifle, and it wasn't $20 per race, I'd do it more often.

But I had the best average time for 15 laps Besides, I passed quite a few of them and was never passed myself.

No matter what - it was cool as hell!

$20 is a bit steep but for 15 laps it's not bad. The only reason we didn't go again was there was over an hour wait before we could get on again.

Advice: Buy TWO heats at the same time instead of one.

I think more than 30 laps and my arms might get a bit sore holding the wheel though.

It's a rush!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:18:56 PM EDT
Member prices are only 16 bucks a race if you remember to bring your own headsock.

On Mondays and Tuesdays, member races are 12 bucks each.

D.
AZEX

PS, Told ya the place rules.
Top Top