Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2003 2:29:15 PM EDT

Damn that's fun! First time on the track, I came in first place too! (whoo-hoo!)

It's a hellovalotta fun if you've never tried it!!!

Many (MANY) years ago I tried the now-defunct "Malibu Grand Prix" on Hayden road by Big Surf but that's nothing compared to this. Much faster & better Karts and track at the indoor place.

I highly recommend it.

It's Speedway Indoor Kart Racing around 24st Street just south of I-10.

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the tip.  I loved "Malibu Grand Prix", and was bummed when it was closed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Technically, you came in 6th, since they go by best lap times. But I think that's bunk, since holding first is tough as crap with 12 other people fighting to get by.

Quite a rush, isn't it? If I wasn't saving for a rifle, and it wasn't $20 per race, I'd do it more often.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Technically, you came in 6th, since they go by best lap times. But I think that's bunk, since holding first is tough as crap with 12 other people fighting to get by.

Quite a rush, isn't it? If I wasn't saving for a rifle, and it wasn't $20 per race, I'd do it more often.

But I had the best average time for 15 laps Besides, I passed quite a few of them and was never passed myself.

No matter what - it was cool as hell!

$20 is a bit steep but for 15 laps it's not bad. The only reason we didn't go again was there was over an hour wait before we could get on again.

Advice: Buy TWO heats at the same time instead of one.

I think more than 30 laps and my arms might get a bit sore holding the wheel though.

It's a rush!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Member prices are only 16 bucks a race if you remember to bring your own headsock.

On Mondays and Tuesdays, member races are 12 bucks each.

D.
AZEX

PS, Told ya the place rules.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top