Posted: 10/1/2007 2:59:45 PM EDT
Trial Begins In Slaying Of Dallas Police Officer

03:03 PM CDT on Monday, October 1, 2007

By JENNIFER EMILY / The Dallas Morning News

Officer Brian Jackson      

Also Online        

11/13/05:  Dallas officer killed in shootout        

11/14/05:  Police mourn officer's shooting death        

DALLAS — Testimony is under way in the capital murder trial of Juan        Lizcano, who is accused of killing Dallas police officer Brian Jackson.    

In opening statements, lead prosecutor Patrick Kirlin laid out a        detailed summary of the night Officer Jackson was killed in Nov. 2005.    

He alleged that Lizcano shot Jackson when police responded to a domestic        disturbance at the home of Lizcano's ex-girlfriend.    

Officer Jackson was searching for Lizcano when he was shot.    

In her brief opening statement, defense attorney Brook Busbee said the        defense would call witnesses that "may cast an entirely different light"        on the case against Lizcano.    

She did not elaborate.    

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty if Lizcano is convicted.

Just killing the cops Americans dont want to kill, huh?

Why has it taken almost two years for this to even go to trial?

I remember where I was when this occurred.  The Hun Farm.  It was a Sunday.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It is about the normal time frame for Dallas County Courts.

Another Brother in Blue killed by an illegal

RIP, Brother.

ODMP.org
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Another Brother in Blue US Citizen killed by an illegal

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember discussing this here in the TX HTF in a thread.

Also discussed it offline a bit with ryann.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#5]
my buddy is a DPD Sergeant in Northeast and was a good buddy of Officer Jackson.  they were making plans to get a beer out at Lower Greenville right before Officer Jackson responded to this call.

my buddy, the DPD Sergeant, has been sitting in the trial every day this week and then has been out working his normal patrol shift in the evenings.

my understanding is that this maggot beat up his old lady and when the officers responded, this maggot fled down the street and hid in a backyard.  Officer Jackson and some other officers entered the backyard looking for this guy to take him to jail.  he was hiding in a bush in the backyard with a .38 and when Officer Jackson entered the guy shot him through the opening in his vest (under the arm).  then he jumped out of the bushes and threw the gun down and put his hands up.  the other officers thus, by DPD shooting policy, could not shoot this guy.

i hope they give this piece of crap the death penalty.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I remember when that happened. I hope justice is served here and he gets the harshest sentencing available.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#7]
i have no problems with the police officers at that time shooting that dirt bag or hanging him.

too many attorneys in the world arguing that a POS like that has rights also.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
my buddy is a DPD Sergeant in Northeast and was a good buddy of Officer Jackson.  they were making plans to get a beer out at Lower Greenville right before Officer Jackson responded to this call.

my buddy, the DPD Sergeant, has been sitting in the trial every day this week and then has been out working his normal patrol shift in the evenings.

my understanding is that this maggot beat up his old lady and when the officers responded, this maggot fled down the street and hid in a backyard.  Officer Jackson and some other officers entered the backyard looking for this guy to take him to jail.  he was hiding in a bush in the backyard with a .38 and when Officer Jackson entered the guy shot him through the opening in his vest (under the arm).  then he jumped out of the bushes and threw the gun down and put his hands up.  the other officers thus, by DPD shooting policy, could not shoot this guy.

i hope they give this piece of crap the death penalty.

+1

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Man Found Guilty Of Murdering Dallas Police Officer

Man found guilty of murdering Dallas police officer

03:02 PM CDT on Tuesday, October 9, 2007

By JENNIFER EMILY / The Dallas Morning News  

The jury found a man guilty of capital murder Tuesday in the 2005 fatal        shooting of a Dallas police officer, Brian Jackson.    

Juan Lizcano was convicted in the death of officer Brian Jackson, and        the prosecution is now expected to seek the death penalty. Proceedings        in the punishment phase were underway Tuesday afternoon.    

Officer Jackson was killed in November 2005 while responding to a        domestic violence call at the home of Mr. Lizcano's former girlfriend        who called 911 twice to report he threatened her with a gun.    

Defense attorneys had argued Mr. Lizcano was not guilty because the        officer's death was not capital murder.    

"This is in no way a capital murder," said defense attorney Brook        Busbee. "He's not guilty of capital murder because he couldn't see the        officer."    

But prosecutor Josh Healy called Officer Jackson's slaying "an        assassin-style killing" and told jurors there was no doubt Mr. Lizcano        was guilty of capital murder.    

Prosecutors said that the yard where Officer Jackson was killed was well        lit.    

Prosecutor Patrick Kirlin told jurors that "the credible evidence cries        out for" a guilty of capital murder verdict.

Rot in hell you piece of shit!

Er "Hold up Ossifer.....let me cover my eyes....(POP POP) Woot! No Captial Murder charges for me!"

Defense Attorney vying for a Darwin Award? Sheesh.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#10]
no, just heartless scumbag of the year award.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top