Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2015 9:44:45 AM EDT
Hey guys. I read the stickies but didn't see anything specific to shotguns in NYS. I may be doing some traveling later this summer and need to know what configurations, if any, are legal in NYS. I won't be traveling to NYC. The shotgun in question would be a 18+ inch bbl pump gun.

All I can find is that I would be stupid to try and travel in NYS with an AR or pistol. So what's the legal status of a non-resident with a pumper locked and unloaded in a vehicle?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Good to go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to go.
View Quote

Thanks Zero.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Just keep a trigger lock on it and unloaded and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]
You do need to keep it unloaded, but you don't need a trigger lock or a locked case or any of that stuff. You don't even need to keep it in your trunk. Some people still have gun racks in their trucks here. Non-"assault" long guns are almost completely unregulated in this state.

That said, it depends on where you're going. Downstate, you may get hassled or even unlawfully arrested by some idiot cop on a crusade if you have one lying on your back seat. If that happens, sue. You'll make good money.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#5]
It does not need a trigger lock on t...just unloaded
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there any type of shell limit for shotguns with the Safe Act, or is that just semiautos?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is there any type of shell limit for shotguns with the Safe Act, or is that just semiautos?
View Quote

Max capacity 10, only load 7.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought so, thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top