Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2006 7:50:26 PM EDT
I need some help.  I leave tomorrow from Arizona to Disney Land, and I am having trouble understanding some of your gun laws.  I understand that my Glock needs to locked in a hard case separately from the ammo.  But can than the Magazines still be loaded?  Do they need to be locked up separately?  Or do they need to be unloaded

Thank you for any help

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Handgun needs to be unloaded and locked in a case. Magazines can be loaded but need to be in a separate container. That separate container does not need to be locked.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Handgun needs to be unloaded and locked in a case. Magazines can be loaded but need to be in a separate container. That separate container does not need to be locked.

Thank you.

One more question, can both cases be in the same bag?

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Be discrete too. There are more gangbangers in Commiefornia than there are residents in most states. They cruise parking lots looking for a quick smash-and-grab. Make sure you don't have things like an NRA decal, shotgun news on the dash or other items that scream "break into my car and steal my gun".
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:51:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Since you're from outta state, your Glock most likely has hicap magazines (that is, holding more than 10 rounds).

Do not bring these hicaps into CA.  Only bring 10rd mags into CA.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for all the help.

Bill
I have a Glock 30, 10 round mags.

Thank you

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top