Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 12:53:43 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me if it is legal to ship a pistol to a Non FFL WITHIN Florida? It's a private sale, and the seller offered to ship direct to me as " It's legal because you live in the state".. As long as I've been dealing with firearms, this is a first.. and not being up on such I thought I would ask.. maybe I've missed something over the years..  
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Legal
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
According to UPS's own guidelines it is totally legal for private individuals to ship a handgun between themselves.

Firearms and Ammunition
UPS accepts packages containing firearms, as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921, from and between
licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers and licensed collectors, as defined in
Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code, law enforcement agencies, from and between
persons not otherwise prohibited from shipping firearms by federal, state or local law, and when
such shipment complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient
and package. The shipper must use Delivery Confirmation Adult Signature Required
service for
each package containing a firearm, including handguns. UPS, in its sole discretion, may require
the shipper to select a UPS Next Day Air Service for any package containing a firearm.
Handguns, as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921, will be accepted for transportation only via UPS Next
Day Air Services
, and will not be accepted for transportation via UPS Drop Boxes, Internet
Shipping, or in response to a request for On-Call Pickup Service. Firearms, including handguns,
will not be accepted when presented for shipment at locations of The UPS Store or any Third
Party Retailer. Small arms ammunition, as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.59, will be transported
only when packaged and labeled in compliance with 49 C.F.R. § 172. UPS Returns Services are
not available for packages containing firearms. Firearms, including handguns, and firearm parts
are not accepted for shipment internationally. For more information regarding transportation of
firearms, including handguns, access
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/terms/firearms.html, or contact UPS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top