Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 9:07:09 AM EDT
I would like to give my buddy a rifle as a gift. He is good to go on a purchase in VA (clean record, driver's license etc). Can I gift him a rifle? IIRC, it would have to be a face to face transfer, no mailing.

He's new to civilian life and doesn't know diddly about civilian gun ownership. He just got burgled (sp) and lost a lot of his gear. Now he wants a gun. Any good gun shops around Beckley, WV?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:30:52 PM EDT
Gunshops? C'mon someone knows something!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:03:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:26:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:32:04 AM EDT
FWIW1, i had to use an FFL for firearms gifted to me from out of state (FL).

FWIW2, based on my very limited understanding, for some adjoining states who have agreements, long guns are allowed to be purchased/transfered without going through an FFL. Even if true though, in your case, this would be moot since Pa is not adjoining with VA, assuming that you live in PA.

I would recommend that you call Bernie at VA Arms, or some other authority.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:56:46 AM EDT
Top Top