Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 12:50:41 PM EDT
I need to find a receiving dealer in the Kansas City metro,prefer north, but as long as the guy treats me right ,no matter where in the area.

The dealer i have been using has gotten worse each time ive used him.He tries to foist his overpriced crapola on me and gets offended I dont wanna pay 350.for a used sks etc.

I have tried to purchase from him and even ordered a new no ban Bushy m4 type after the ban died from him.Fine and good cept he stole the 30 rd mag and the little orange chamber plug it was shipped with.He then switched out a BM 10rder and claimed it was Bushmaster who shipped it out with that.

To Bushmasters credit they sent me a new 30rder and chamber plug free.

Anyway ,In june I bought a used pyton here on ar15com and and he transfered it for me all the while trying to sell me a python elite for $1400.And was angry I didnt want to buy a tarus wheel gun (357) for $400.

I wanted to order a plain jane little beretta mdl 21 he wants$300.plus tax.Now i want to buy a nib orm 1991a1 from a guy on GT and
now he wants to screw around on the transfer . I need a new dealer asap.Thanks for listening to my tale of woe,lol,and Thanks for your help and advice.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
SUBMG from these boards helped me out with the purchase of rifle.  He'll have to answer for himself on his interest in doing other transfers but his service was great and with none of the nonsense you described (which I would have tolerated only once).  He's down south though.

There used to be a place called "Centerfire" in Claycomo off of 69 Hwy that did a handgun transfer for me.  They are under new ownership.  When I did my transfer under the old owners they seemed to try and pull the "it only came with one mag" bullshit, and after indicating I would be on the phone the next day to find out how many mags were put in the box they thought they might take a second look.  Lo and behold my other mag was found.  Don't know if it was really intentional or not but I didn't like it.  

After that I just didn't trust them again.  New folks now though.

Denny's guns in NKC is another option.  Kinda small and dingy little place but they have LOTs of goods and in general have decent service.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
+1on Sub-Mg from here on Arfcom he has always treated me right without the BS I think I know what shop you have been using and for the same reasons I no longer use them either...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say Denny's in NKC as he is an Industry Parnter here, and thats where I bought my first handgun.  It's a good gunstore, lotsa EBR's, lotsa pistols.  They had a NICE ORF Galil in there today....mmmmm....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the recommendations guys.

If you don't mind taveling down to Lees Summit, I can take care of the transfer for you.  E-mail me if you need assistance.

Bret Millet
B&R Guns
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I would recomend making the drive to Lee's Summit to have Bret (SUB_MG) handle your transfer. He did good with me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I am very grateful Thanks everyone !!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Bret Millet  (SUB_MG) nominated for recommended dealer's list on subguns.com.

http://www.subguns.com/boards/inquiry.cgi?read=36599
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you Brother Kane for your recommendation.

Will you be able to make it to the next shoot?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#9]
You are most welcome for the recommendation. I was kind of hoping that others here that have dealt with you would use the above link and post some kind words (hint). It is not easy to get on Subguns.com’s recommended dealer's list.

I have a lot on my plate this month and may not make the next shoot. Hopefully next month will be better.

-Ken
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By Brother Kane:
. I was kind of hoping that others here that have dealt with you would use the above link and post some kind words (hint).

I'd be happy to do so.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#11]
There's a new gun shop at the southern end of Smithville --- but the place isn't actually open yet.  May be a convenient location for you?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Can't believe I missed this thread.  Another +1 for Bret!!  

scottMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top