Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2013 8:57:16 AM EST
I'm hoping to squeeze in a basic defensive handgun and/or carbine course over my holiday that goes from Dec. 14 to Jan. 7. I have have free places to stay in Lake City, Gainesville, and Jacksonville, and I want to train with the most reputable instructor I can get.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 11:43:41 AM EST
I'll try and get the list for the classes near Jax. I know McPhee, is coming but, not sure of the date. Also Don Edwards with Greenline Tactical has a class that may be pretty soon or may have just passed. Also look at the training schedule for Reston Group.

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 3:38:04 PM EST
Looks like there's going to be a 2 day magpul dynamics course at Gainesville target range during that time.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:29:45 PM EST
I think Ranger proof and green line tactical are doing a class in St. Aug around then, Don from greenline is a great instructor, he's former 3/75th RR and 20th SFG and was an instructor at FLETC. If you need contact info IM me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:36:40 AM EST
I checkout out everything you guys suggested, and they all have either already happened or won't work for me. Thanks for the help anyway, it is always appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:26:26 AM EST
If you're looking for NAME BRAND RECOGNITION... I can't help you. But... if you are looking to get some no nonsense AFFORDABLE training, I'd be willing to set something up for you based on your learning goals and objectives.

While I conduct regularly scheduled classes, I also provide one-on-one training. I'll send you an IM with additional information. I've had the pleasure of working with quite a few members here on the site from Florida and Georgia... perhaps they can provide you a reference.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:36:54 PM EST
Thanks Bob, I sent a reply.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:56:10 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:
If you're looking for NAME BRAND RECOGNITION... I can't help you. But... if you are looking to get some no nonsense AFFORDABLE training, I'd be willing to set something up for you based on your learning goals and objectives.

While I conduct regularly scheduled classes, I also provide one-on-one training. I'll send you an IM with additional information. I've had the pleasure of working with quite a few members here on the site from Florida and Georgia... perhaps they can provide you a reference.

View Quote

I would have recommended this to the OP, but I thought Bowhntr6pt was done training for the year. I've trained with a PILE of the big names, but trust me - Signal-0 is the real deal. I very much enjoyed the Precision Rifle training class earlier this year, and I will be coming back for more.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:41:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By burney:

I would have recommended this to the OP, but I thought Bowhntr6pt was done training for the year. I've trained with a PILE of the big names, but trust me - Signal-0 is the real deal. I very much enjoyed the Precision Rifle training class earlier this year, and I will be coming back for more.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burney:

Thanks for the kind words Burney...

I am done for the year as far as scheduled classes but when I saw the OP's latest post about not finding what he needed I thought I'd reach out to him. I hate to see someone go without...
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:41:00 AM EST
I'll be reaching out to you on the percision rifle class. One question is the write up say engage targets to 300+ I'm really looking instruction on 600+. Can you shoot that far at your training range in Wildwood?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:22:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By sdeshazo:
I'll be reaching out to you on the percision rifle class. One question is the write up say engage targets to 300+ I'm really looking instruction on 600+. Can you shoot that far at your training range in Wildwood?
View Quote

In the beginning I thought I had access to a 600+ range area but that fell through at the last minute so the first class went on regardless. I've been having such great success with the classes even though we only go out to 300, soon to be 380, that while I'm still looking for a place, it's not been a BIG priority. BUT... I'm still looking.

We use a dirt road for the range estimation exercises in Aucilla out to about 500 yards... just can't shoot down the road...

I have no problem with places to shoot 1000+ yards... getting the green light to hold classes on the property is a different story...

Even though I'm limited to under 400 yards... the classes have been very well received. Hope you can make the next one... it will provide a great foundation upon which to build on.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:32:14 AM EST

In the beginning I thought I had access to a 600+ range area but that fell through at the last minute so the first class went on regardless. I've been having such great success with the classes even though we only go out to 300, soon to be 380, that while I'm still looking for a place, it's not been a BIG priority. BUT... I'm still looking.

We use a dirt road for the range estimation exercises in Aucilla out to about 500 yards... just can't shoot down the road...

I have no problem with places to shoot 1000+ yards... getting the green light to hold classes on the property is a different story...

Even though I'm limited to under 400 yards... the classes have been very well received. Hope you can make the next one... it will provide a great foundation upon which to build on.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sdeshazo:

Sent you a PM about another venue option.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:27:55 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:52:22 PM EST
Gun Gallery shows it's worth again! I am signed up to train at Signal-0 with Bob here in December. I find it very cool to have found a way to get some training by posting on this hometown forum. Florida seems to be a hotbed of top quality gun people.
Top Top