Posted: 9/17/2004 11:53:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Sully,

I'd go for the AR and 1911 Armorers Class
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
How about hostage negotiations?
two in the chest, one in the head, right?

Seriously, how about night or engagements in darkness/flashlight/night site use ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to take the AR armorer's course.
Possibly a 1911,  would build ups be included?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I would attend most of the courses listed. The team and vehicle stuff is especially fun. Field Emergency Medicine, Knives & Improvised Weapons, Engagements with loved ones present, Scenario Based Decision Making, and Stress Shooting would be great to learn as well.
The armorers classes would be great to take during the winter months to keep the brain working.

I would also like to take a low light class. A weapon retention class would be great.
It would be nice to have a chance to shoot up an old vehicle and different barriers to see firsthand examples of penetration and deflection.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey Sully,

+1

I'd even come up from Texas to "visit" my aunt and uncle in Cottage Grove... FOR DINNER!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
two in the chest, one in the head, right?

Seriously, how about night or engagements in darkness/flashlight/night site use ?

Nah....

Fer bastiches... I mean hostage takers... One in the head... why waste ammo ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't see any class in that list I wouldn't take in a heartbeat.
I'd second the low light idea.... more easily done on an overcast winter day. ( I learned a lot the last time! )

I like Quinlan's idea ... maybe a "lab day" sort of thing? I do realize that we would have to come up with car windows and the like on our own... not to mention the clean up. (And save your milk jugs!!)

I''l think on it some more....
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would attend most of the courses listed. The team and vehicle stuff is especially fun. Field Emergency Medicine, Knives & Improvised Weapons, Engagements with loved ones present, Scenario Based Decision Making, and Stress Shooting would be great to learn as well.
The armorers classes would be great to take during the winter months to keep the brain working.

I would also like to take a low light class. A weapon retention class would be great.
It would be nice to have a chance to shoot up an old vehicle and different barriers to see firsthand examples of penetration and deflection.

+1
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a 96 Neon that I was planning on donating for the tax deduction. We could find another use for it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Cool list...I'd be interested in all of those, Glock or 1911 armoring would be last on my list, but I'd probably attend them just for the learning.

I'd like precision rifle, how to use mil dot scopes, adjust for windrift, adjust for different bullet weights, etc.

I would also like to see an issues or catch up type day...Some of us aren't as good of a shot as others in the class, I would like to know what I'm doing wrong.   The tactics classes are fun, but if you can't hit the target....

Team tactics, survival, and improvished items (weapons, tools, gurneys, etc) would be interesting.  I've got 20 acres of secluded property that could be used for such a class (5 acres mowed, 5 acres 6' grass, 10 acres wooded)...The discharge of weapons might not be possible (back stop issues), birdshot might be doable though.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey Sully,

+1
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I would like the Vehicle issues, loved one, and knife courses.  I absolutely would attend armoring courses but have one question.  Would we come away with some sort of "certification" that we could use to get us some work, say for a law enforcement center?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I think that i would put my vote in for team tactics, stressed shooting, cold weather shooting, and AR armoring.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#15]
All the classes sound great. Still waiting for HG 1 though (gotta improve my pistol marksmanship) he
Top choices- stressed shooting, team tactics (w/ pistol), Scenario Based Decision Making, Field Emergency Medicine, Knives and Improvised, 1 day ar15 armoring
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Team tactics with the use of airsoft or paintball. If you dont check your corner or your six you get painted.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have a 96 Neon that I was planning on donating for the tax deduction. We could find another use for it.

If we decide to do this I know a few people in the auto salvage industry and I could get a car for a good deal or possibly donated for a shoot.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:16:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Team tactics with the use of airsoft or paintball. If you dont check your corner or your six you get painted.

Hey, Hey, Hey...  We're talking about SULLY here!  We don't need no stinking AIRSOFT or no PAINTBALL!

SULLY's a COP!  He might be able to get us some SIMUNITIONS to use for training!  

Fair warning though...  They'll hurt ALOT more than paintball or airsoft (but are MUCH more realistic).

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#20]
In 16 days, I will be 18 and I plan on signing up for the first DE class available!

The inabality to travel with a weapon has left me unable to take any classes up untill now.

Any of the above mentioned classes or even the existing ones woudl be great!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I love 96 Neon yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (sp/Ed)  I would like to learn how to exclude others from our fun reindeer games, besides paying 110$ and comeing out.

Because I do not play well with others
ask that old man fed gunner that ammo snob will shoot federal hydrashok ammo all day and i have to use Wolf.

But anyway, I think it is fun to get zaped with the tazer and maced with chemicals so a less leathal day would be cool and funny also.  We can put someone in the hurt locker and don't have to shoot them unless you want, it is a valuable option that people who come to class don't explore that often. On the ther side I want to zap fedgunner for fun and profit cus those pics will make alot of money an old man floping on the ground is funny stuff.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

But anyway, I think it is fun to get zaped with the tazer and maced with chemicals so a less leathal day would be cool and funny also.  We can put someone in the hurt locker and don't have to shoot them unless you want, it is a valuable option that people who come to class don't explore that often. On the ther side I want to zap fedgunner for fun and profit cus those pics will make alot of money an old man floping on the ground is funny stuff.

Does that mean we have to wear our kevlar vests AND our Depend underwear???
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does that mean we have to wear our kevlar vests AND our Depend underwear???

Wouldn't be a bad idea
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

hostage INTERREGATION...

-Warlock
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Actually, a class on how to fak 1972 Airforce memo's would be really helpful.

Something that talks about use of fonts and superscript might be handy. ;)

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#30]
::sorry for the thread-jacking::

Quoted:
I love 96 Neon yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (sp/Ed)  

<snip>

On the ther side I want to zap fedgunner for fun and profit cus those pics will make alot of money an old man floping on the ground is funny stuff.

Oh c'mon now death!

Just because I signed you up with "Queer eye for the straight guy" isn't any reason to be bitter!

I'm sorry they got rid of all your BDU's.. but It's not my fault. REALLY!

I mean man, wanting to see me do the "crappie flop" at the end of a taser.... It's not like I'm the one that posted that picture of you on "Gogoboys.org"

I was told your fuschia speedo was a big hit with the "metrosexual" crowd tho.

Why be mean to me?

You are the one that got the free bikini wax. Besides, now you know that pink and purple plaid IS your color.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Ghillie suit would be cool, also Simunitions and 1911 and AR armoring.  How about FN/FAL armoring class

Any word on the Precision Rifle class yet? Last I saw the 26th was being considered, any new news? Thinking of going grouse hunting this weekend tho too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Besides, now you know that pink and purple plaid IS your color.

Fed, you KNOW Plaid is sooooooo 2003...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Sully,

Are your courses eligible for P.O.S.T. credits?

Also, where are your courses usually held?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Yea but you were wearing a skirt at Kirans when we all went out for Quins B day so those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

I do whant one tho, do they come in german flag colors? Because I am not Irish or Scottish nor would I claim to be.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Yea but you were wearing a skirt at Kirans when we all went out for Quins B day so those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

I do whant one tho, do they come in german flag colors? Because I am not Irish or Scottish nor would I claim to be.

secure.utilikilts.com/indexold.htm

They even come in camo.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
::sorry for the thread-jacking::

Me too, but it had to be done

Quoted:

Oh c'mon now death!

Just because I signed you up with "Queer eye for the straight guy" isn't any reason to be bitter!

Sorry Death, couldn't resist
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#38]
That is funny stuff.    
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:19:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Outstanding work Q!

Paul when will you be sporting that purple cammies?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:37:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Death,

You need a tac holster for that hair dryer!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:50:56 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

secure.utilikilts.com/indexold.htm

They even come in camo.

<whisper> what about marpat?</whisper>
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:57:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Sully,  a skin tight outfit should be easy to conceal right?

lol pretty nice editing skills Quinlan,  and Death451 for being a good sport.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top