Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:10:04 AM EDT
Does anyone know of the traffic conditions for 35 between Austin and Dallas? I live in Austin and I was planning, for reasons unrelated to Rita, to go to Dallas Friday afternoon.  Given traffic conditions, is it worth it?  Thanks, and good luck to everyone in TX this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#1]
It didn't look bad when I drove down from Round Rock this morning.  But that only covers from Chandler Road  (FM1431) on down to N Austin.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I drove from Austin to McKinney (north of Dallas) on Wednesday.

The Construction narrows 35 at Italy through Red Oak.  I sat in traffic for an hour and half waiting for an accident to clear in Red Oak at the construction.

On the way south, there were electic signs saying parts of 35 would be closed.

75 was closed in Dallas (had to route on 635!!)

Dallas traffic is pretty bad anyway - Adding a bunch of Houston Drivers to it  too......  Demolition Derby anyone??

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
In case anyone is Curious the drive from downtown Austin to Plano took me 3 hours 45 minutes this afternoon.  No delays.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
It usually takes me about 2.5 hours from Austin (Wells Branch+35) to McKinney(121+75), but I hate to see how traffic is this week....
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It usually takes me about 2.5 hours from Austin (Wells Branch+35) to McKinney(121+75), but I hate to see how traffic is this week....

2.5 hours?  Damn, you flying low?  What route do you take?

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2.5 hours?  Damn, you flying low?  What route do you take?

I35 North, take I35E, through Red Oak, Woodall Rogers to 75, to McKinney

I play "catch the driver in front of me" - I look around for overpasses and then haul ass to the next car, passing at around 85mph so as to not draw much suspicion...then haul ass again peaking easily around 125-130 - quite the gas guzzling experience....

eta: my gf (in Austin) was always pissed because I was always going fast......she was always worried

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top