Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2012 7:34:03 PM EDT
I met a girl who recently moved here from Nebraska and while I grew up here most of my life, I really don't know what's fun to do around the DFW area. We talked about it and now we're both determined to do touristy things together.

What are some good recommendations? Keep in mind we're both in our 20's.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 9:32:22 PM EDT
6th floor museum
Ft Worth stockyards
Dallas Arboretum
Deep Ellum if that's your scene
Ft Worth zoo

Just a few off the top of my head
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 9:46:33 PM EDT
Cowboys stadium, Dallas has a nice aquarium, Original flying saucer in Ft worth
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:19:39 PM EDT
kayak the upper elm fork and west fork.
dallas museum of art

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:36:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2012 5:48:57 AM EDT by RhinelandArms]
Thats easy for me

SPEEDZONE! right on i35 and walnuthill. Drive the drag cars if you get a chance, they are a total thrill. speedzone

Also, my vote is for the Imax theater at the Fort Worth Science museum, this was on of the first Imax and there is still nothing like it in the south. Its actually a dome and you sit very close to it with nothing in front of you, many people get the feeling they will fall out of their chairs into the screen. Imax fort worth
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:43:07 AM EDT
Katy trail ice house on a Saturday afternoon. Tons of 20 something's and lots of drinking
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:54:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Stryker:
Tons of 20 something's and lots of drinking

That was a nice place last summer since so many of the people were locals with Texas ties. Now the douchebags have found it and are ruining it. Music was a bunch of southern fried 70s rock, Willie Nelson, Coe etc. Now they are starting to play some techno music crap.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:22:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By refidnasb1:
Tons of 20 something's and lots of drinking

That was a nice place last summer since so many of the people were locals with Texas ties. Now the douchebags have found it and are ruining it. Music was a bunch of southern fried 70s rock, Willie Nelson, Coe etc. Now they are starting to play some techno music crap.

I like that "techno music crap."
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 8:32:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2012 8:34:13 AM EDT by techbrute]
Katy trail ice house on a Saturday afternoon. Tons of 20 something's and lots of drinking

...plus they use Tabbed Out so you can pay with your phone.

I usually have dinner at Texas de Brazil and then walk two doors down to have some after dinner drinks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 9:07:07 AM EDT
There are 5 dozen places in Uptown that play techno-trance on their speakers. Seems like it would be nice to have one that does not do that. Just cannot escape the Ed hardy/Affliction/Hair Gel "Situation" tards.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 9:10:19 AM EDT
6th floor museum is actually surprisingly good. Well worth a visit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:54:30 PM EDT
Is Milo Butterfingers still open? That is where Cocktail was filmed.

It sucks getting old...
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:55:28 PM EDT
I want to go to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing every time I'm up that way, but they are only open weekdays.

http://bep.gov/tours/fortworthtxtours.html
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:14:31 PM EDT
The Fort Worth Zoo is one of the best in the world.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:29:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2012 7:37:04 PM EDT by CopM4]
In Dallas - Uptown/McKinney Ave for night life....
In Ft Worth - Sundance Square is another great place to take a girl out on a date

Deep Ellum/Lower Greenville in Dallas is just too risky to go into anymore after dark ....
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:42:34 PM EDT
NASCAR races 4-13-14.

You may not care about the races but go out early each day, parking is free and just walk around the outside of the track. Best people watching you will ever see.
Top Top