Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2011 10:45:26 PM EDT
A Crazy Event for a Really Good cause (Wounded Warriors)

Crazy guys & gals run, crawl and swim across a course of mud, water, electrified fences, barbed wire and whatever to raise money for our troops.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/tough-mudder-participants-tackle-rambo-esque-challenges-1219114.html

Direct Link to Story

"Organizers seem to be proud of the event's 22 percent noncompletion rate. Participants must sign a death waiver, and signs posted on the course remind them they did."

I thought it was great when the reporter was so surprised that several of the competitors were downing beers while low crawling in the mud & barbed wire!  Hey this is TEXAS!!

Also have to love the "Don't Pee on the Electric Fence" signs too!

Could be a good tune up for Bug Out Drill or Zombie-pocalypse too!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:41:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have some friends doing that today.  Did the reporter mention that it's a 9 mile course?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:41:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I just discovered this a few days ago. I'm really pissed that I missed this one, but it looks like there is going to be one in North Texas in the Fall.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you drinking a beer?  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome!   Oct. 8-9th, Wortham Tx . . . . *marks on calendar*
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you drinking a beer?  

"Yes Maam!"  We Texans still show civility even when belly crawling in the mud!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top