Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/27/2004 4:18:23 PM EST
I'm not sure what to think... This time of year my conspiracy meter is pegged on everything. I'm becoming convinced that anywhere a Dem has a finger in the pie they are going to make every effort to sabotage any chance of things being "fair and balanced".

As underhanded as they are I am thoroughly believing that they are going to mae every effort to keep Bush from getting relected.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:49:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:04:17 AM EST
I'll say this. I trust the system I don't trust those behind it to operate it corectly or uncorruptly.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:30:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By BBQMAN:
I'll say this. I trust the system I don't trust those behind it to operate it corectly or uncorruptly.

Well, yeah... I guess that goes without saying, but when it comes down to something as monumental as choosing the leader of the free world ANYONE is subject to corruption... I don't care if you are freakin pope...

I doubt the electronic system for the same reason I don't trust the polls online. They are written by people... people who have their own views. Knowing how easily it can be to make something appear one way and function completely differently when it comes to programming I quetion whether or not the voting program is sound. Who is making sure tat deep int the coding of the program it isn't adding one Kerry vote for every 3 Bush votes... essentially stuffing the box.

I think the electronic system, that was created in < four years will be even less reliable than Windows, which has been around since the 80's and is still far from flawless in its running.

Of coure if Bush wins then you know the system actually worked without corruption.

I'd rather see a bunch of dipshits counting every sheet of paper, with the gestapo standing behind them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:42:21 AM EST
Bring back the paper ballots with the >>>---- ---> fill in the blank arrow design. There's no way you can screw that thing up.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:15:11 AM EST
After spending a large part of life in electronics, and having enough familiarity with computers to have suffered with network security compromise, spyware, adware, viruses and re-directs, I REALLY do not trust the "tamper-proofing" of electronic voting machines. No papertrail, no tangible proof. "Trust me, I'm from the government, we're here to help."
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:42:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By Kharn:
Bring back the paper ballots with the >>>---- ---> fill in the blank arrow design. There's no way you can screw that thing up.

Kharn

+1

Scan trons are the best. Any stray marks or what ever it gets kicked out and you have to do it over again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:21:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By bblake00:

Kharn

+1

Scan trons are the best. Any stray marks or what ever it gets kicked out and you have to do it over again.

yup. scan ones, filled out by hand, put into machine, nice paper trail

that is what they have had here the last 2 elections
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:46:32 AM EST

Kharn

I liked those the best.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:03:53 AM EST
Here in my county we have been using e-slate voting machines for 2 years with little problems. So far for this election the only report of problems has been voter error. The problem is with voting a strait ticket. When the voter is on the summary screen and accidently touchs the sellector wheel it goes to the openning screen. When the voter hits cast ballot the vote goes to the first name on the ballot---- george w bush. So far around 15 problems have been reported out of 120000 early votes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:04:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2004 8:11:50 AM EST by Dave_A]

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:
I'm not sure what to think... This time of year my conspiracy meter is pegged on everything. I'm becoming convinced that anywhere a Dem has a finger in the pie they are going to make every effort to sabotage any chance of things being "fair and balanced".

As underhanded as they are I am thoroughly believing that they are going to mae every effort to keep Bush from getting relected.

I trust touchscreen voting more than paper-ballots, and believe a touchscreen PAPERLESS system with automatic ID verification (eg you swipe your DL, enter a PIN number which you select at the DMV when you get the DL, and it 'phones home' to make sure it's a valid DL & you are the owner (by checking the PIN). If it works for ATMs, it should work for voting.) should be required in order for results to be valid in any Federal election.

If the system is never connected to the internet, has no keyboard/mouse, and the CPU is locked away, it will be hack proof. Period. There will be simply no way to access an avenue of attack. Yes the machines have smartcard readers... But unless the reader is programmed to automatically execute code (and it's not), then that is not an avenue of attack. And if the cardreader is locked up in a metal box, along with the CPU, it doesn't matter anyway, there's no way to get a card in...

I implicitly DISTRUST any system that uses paper ballots and provides for 'recounts'. It is far more likely that folks will engage in ballot-box stuffing, than that a secret piece of code will tip the election.

A 'recount' is just a chance for Democrats to add 'extra' ballots, or to throw out Republican votes.

In Wisconsin, back in 2004, we had PAPER BALLOTS BLOWING AROUND THE STREETS LIKE OLD NEWSPAPER in the (heavily corrupt, Democaratic) City of Milwaukee! Gee, I wonder who those votes were supposed to be for?

This year, the City asked for almost ONE MILLION ballots, for a city of 500,000 people, with under 350,000 eligable voters! Gee, paper ballots are such a great thing, right?

By eliminating paper & recounts, the computer is allways right, ID is verified, and everyone's vote counts ONCE...

Get the picture?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:13:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By avengeusa:

Originally Posted By bblake00:

Kharn

+1

yup. scan ones, filled out by hand, put into machine, nice paper trail

that is what they have had here the last 2 elections

Yeah, and when Democratic operatives working as election workers feed 20 extra 'Kerry' ballots into the machine, what then?

Paper ballots are a tremendous security risk! They need to be banned!

Seriously, the paper trail is the weakest link, it creates TREMENDOUS possibilities for fraud, that dwarf any possible electronic voting system problem!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:16:03 AM EST
How many times can I vote in this poll?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:07:00 PM EST
The dumbocrats will use it as a way to cheat. Unfortunately Ehrlich is too dumb to see that. All he cares about are the $$ kickbacks he got from the machine manufacturing companies that lobbied him so heavily. Diebold, etc...
Top Top