Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2014 3:09:14 PM EDT
Leotrainer - hope all is well down there!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Not much happened in Janesville that I'm aware of.

No serious injuries anywheres in WI from the storm is what I've been hearing and thats the best news.

Platteville and Verona looked like they took the brunt.

Looking at round 2 tonight according to the weather.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#2]
As much as they suck I'd rather have tornadoes a hundred times over tsunamis or hurricanes. Wind is better than water
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
No tornado but it was crazy windy and non stop lightning about 2 am in central kenosha county.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not much happened in Janesville that I'm aware of.

No serious injuries anywheres in WI from the storm is what I've been hearing and thats the best news.

Platteville and Verona looked like they took the brunt.

Looking at round 2 tonight according to the weather.
View Quote

Leotrainer is in Verona...
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Platteville got hit pretty good, im 30 minutes to the East of there, and me being on the volly fire dept. we got paged there tonight to help out.  seeing pictures of the damage doesnt do justice compared to being right there and seeing everything up close.
eta: round 2 is here in lafayette county as of 11:45..

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As much as they suck I'd rather have tornadoes a hundred times over tsunamis or hurricanes. Wind is better than water
View Quote

But with a hurricane you have some advanced warning by a few days. And they have wind also. Just cant believe people are still to damn stupid to LEAVE the area when told its best to get the hell out of Dodge when they are coming ashore.

exx, didn't know he lives in Verona.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Working in cross plains. We got sent to the emergency shelter rooms twice before I went home. Kept running over small branches and leaves all over highway 14 between fitchburg and oregon.

Other than that, didn't see any real damage.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Couple of large trees down in the yard. A few oaks twisted. Slept through it like a baby. This is in Eagle...

Hope anyone in Verona made it out ok.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top