Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/18/2013 1:05:34 PM EST
I'm going to try my luck in the Redlands WMA. Any of you guys ever hunt that area? Not looking for any specific spots especially if you're going out there tomorrow, but if there are any general areas that you've had success in I would be much obliged for the tip.

Good luck wherever you guys are headed tomorrow!
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 1:25:55 PM EST
I hope to be out in the deer hunting woods tomorrow!

Good luck ya'll!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 2:48:24 PM EST
full moon go late leave early!! mid day moving.. just glad we want have a full during the rut!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 3:54:21 PM EST
Yep. Hunting in my backyard tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 3:59:15 PM EST
I have a wedding to go to tomorrow evening but I'll be out Sunday
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 4:04:17 PM EST
I'll be out tomorrow and Sunday. I didn't realize there was a full moon out. Its kind of warm out too, but I'm kind of excited. Good luck everyone and post some pics if you get any.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 4:19:36 PM EST
Not tomorrow, but I hope to go out this season. Still haven't successfully gotten one yet, but hopefully this will be my year.

-bob
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 4:51:27 PM EST
My wife decided to go deer hunting with our car tonight.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:09:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By NukaCola:
I'm going to try my luck in the Redlands WMA. Any of you guys ever hunt that area? Not looking for any specific spots especially if you're going out there tomorrow, but if there are any general areas that you've had success in I would be much obliged for the tip.

Good luck wherever you guys are headed tomorrow!
View Quote

Yeah, I'll be hunting in southern Oconee County. I've turkey hunted on Redlands a ton but never deer hunted there. The bad part of deer hunting on public land is the crowd, the flip side is that all the traffic should really have the deer running around & moving.

Good luck to you. Check in and give us a report at some point.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:34:12 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By superhawk138:
My wife decided to go deer hunting with our car tonight.
View Quote

Been there, done that and it sucks, but it happens sometimes no matter how careful you are, though I much prefer killing them the traditional way by disposing of excess lead.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:34:54 PM EST
Loaded the truck, filled the cooler, full tank, ammo, license, food...oops hunter orange vest, check.

Pvs-14 and IR laser'd and illuminated SPR, helmet rig, 5.56mm hog loads, check.

Off to my private honey-hole in trailer county, GA. Best wishes to all. 73s, and KV4OS is clear on your final.

Hie to the hunters!
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 6:28:32 PM EST
I'm hunting tomorrow in Macon County, but it'll be with my bow. I was busy all last weekend and didn't get to go zero my rifle until this afternoon. Apparently, my rifle does not like Barnes 130gr TTSX loads. Like an idiot, I went to zero my rifle with an untested load and didn't bring a load I know works to fall back on if it didn't work out. Fortunately, the range I'm in is close to my hunting club so I can go re-zero with a load I know my rifle likes after hunting in the morning. On one hand it sucks because I've spent money the last 2 years trying new ammo that does not work in my rifle (Hornady Superformance and Barnes TTSX). On the other, it's good because my rifle does best with cheap ammo (Winchester Powerpoints). The Hornady load was bad in my rifle, but the Barnes load was awful.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 10:10:16 PM EST
I'm headed out now. I don't have to worry about sighting in any optics..... I'm using irons on my AR. I'm young, have good eyes, and learned proper how to shoot courtesy of Uncle Sam.

Hopefully the deer won't mind the smell of waffle house and farts on me.

Good luck to all!
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 11:49:07 PM EST
Standing by.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 2:32:53 AM EST
I'm in the stand now. So a-hole has already emptied his gun and reloaded. Wish I'd remembered my thermacell
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 3:23:18 AM EST
I'm in my stand now. When I walked in this morning my tripod was leaned over on 2 legs resting in a tree top next to it. Lol. I stood it back up and climbed in.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 3:45:48 AM EST
I'm still in my warm bed
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 4:12:57 AM EST
Nothing yet.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 5:40:56 AM EST
At work today.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 6:36:18 AM EST
Seen a deer at 5:30 and that's it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 5:18:16 PM EST
How's the wife? How's the car? How's the deer? Notice those were carefully placed in a wife-friendly order
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:39:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By ShineyM3:
How's the wife? How's the car? How's the deer? Notice those were carefully placed in a wife-friendly order
View Quote

The wife and deer appear to be doing better than the car. I went out the next morning to the scene of the accident and found the broke headlight and bumper cover and looked for the deer which was nowhere to be found.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:46:56 AM EST
Saw a few yesterday morning. No shots taken. Am going back this afternoon.

Also, I sold my Magpul PRS that was on my .308 yesterday. Big, heavy, and no QD sling attachment does not work well with walking, stalking, and climbing trees.
LMT SOPMOD on the way!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 4:47:26 PM EST
I didn't see shit today. Polk county must be out of deer.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:30:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By telsonman:
View Quote

What time(s) did you hunt? Big, bright moon last night and clear skies usually equals lots of nighttime movement.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:34:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By MuXi115:

What time(s) did you hunt? Big, bright moon last night and clear skies usually equals lots of nighttime movement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MuXi115:
Originally Posted By telsonman:

Yep, the one time I went deer hunting it was a full moon and all I saw was a spike buck. Hope for better luck this season, just have to finish up selling my Dad's house in Alabama and getting the rest of the furniture out of it this coming weekend.

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:46:06 AM EST
Heading to the woods this afternoon....will be my first time out this season.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:44:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2013 4:36:01 PM EST by wiseanhyzer]
I took a 10 pointer this morning with my AR15. Nice frosty morning with lots of deer moving around.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:14:12 PM EST
I took a nice doe on opening weekend. I took a medium-sized 7 pointer yesterday.

I didn't hunt today...the wife unit requested I build our dags a new daghouse.

I grumbled, but actually had fun in the backyard with my pups.

I'll finish up the shingled roof tomorrow and go hunt the afternoon.

Three deer feeds us until next season. One more to go.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:23:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By wiseanhyzer:
I took a 10 pointer this morning with my AR15. Nice frosty morning with lots of deer moving around.

I'll get a pic up as soon as I can move it over to my hosting site.
View Quote

I saw only one deer today and it was kinda on accident. I didn't see or hear anything at sunrise or shortly after so I started walking around. I came across a deer but she heard me before I saw her and she tore ass through the forest before I could get my rifle up.

I was hunting Redlands WMA. Kinda disappointed. Last week on opening day I must have heard 20 gunshots by 8am and I didn't see a single deer until the same shit as today... I got down and started walking around.

I really need to join a hunting club.
Top Top