Posted: 1/8/2006 1:41:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Holy shit dude, you mind resizing that. I have a cable modem and it took a while to load.

ok......besides, it eats my server's bandwidth....
videos are full format though...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I found the website where LeonUK conspires to scam us into thinking he was from the UK in order to get to shoot some cool toys!

forums.democraticunderground.com
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I need lots of pics of that supressed 1911.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Alright, so who's car is that in the upper right hand corner?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=17&iGalleryUnq=250&iImageUnq=44338

Alright, so who's car is that in the upper right hand corner?

It is Ralph's car.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I found the website where LeonUK conspires to scam us into thinking he was from the UK in order to get to shoot some cool toys!

We don't hotlink the DU, mmmkay?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you don't say?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We check links before shooting off our mouths.

Oh poop.

That's what I get for NOT clicking the link.

<--meme<---
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey, I have Old Timer's uh, whatever they call it. And I was at the shoot. I'm lucky I remember MY name, much less all the new ones I met at the shoot, screen names, real names, dooooh. I really would like some labels. Seriously, you guys apparently see each other a lot more than some of us newcomers. Please?

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hey, I have Old Timer's uh, whatever they call it. And I was at the shoot. I'm lucky I remember MY name, much less all the new ones I met at the shoot, screen names, real names, dooooh. I really would like some labels. Seriously, you guys apparently see each other a lot more than some of us newcomers. Please?

I smell a FED (and your board name looks FEDish...)

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I smell a FED (and your board name looks FEDish...)

A first name and a screen name will do.  Nothing sinister.  In fact, a sreen name will do since I am on the forum quite a bit.  Just faces to go with names.  Please?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like y'all had a good time.  Now I'm kinda wishing that I didn't spend my lazy Sunday napping on the couch.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Big thanks to Makarov Mami and CockedNLocked.  I hope everyone chipped in for food.... it was a great day!

Thanks to Hound for being the full-time range officer, and giving the safety briefing.  I know it is extremely difficult to keep an event like this to any level of organization...  a lot of shooters, with a lot of different wants, in a small space.  He did a GREAT job of keeping things moving and safe.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks CNL and Makarov Mami. Little Soowah and Tanlegsintx had a fantastic time. It was nice being able to put more names and faces together.

Pics to follow! just got home.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow Guys. Thay was FUN. Mischa is still running around tonight asking when he gets to shoot his shotgun again. He calls everything a shotgun. We had a good time and everything felt SAFE. Your food was good too from what I understand. Wife nibbled with the Kid. She said it was alot nicer than she figured it would be, and she had a sh^& fit when she heard tannerite for the first time. John, Mark, it was good to meet /see ya again.  Thanks for the fun, and a place to see if my mags work.... They were crap, guess I will stick with my Orlite mags. good enough for the isralies..... good enough for me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Many thanks to C&L and Mami for putting this together and thanks to Hound for helping keep it safe. Tons of fun today. I just hope some one got video of the turkey filled with tannerite. I got peppered with bits of it standing at the 50 yard line.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I pity the foo'

Man, what the hell is wrong with me?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I pity the foo'

ummmm, you were having a good time?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#34]
(CnL's big long post...)

^^^^^^^^^^^^ What HE said...

Seriously, it was a super turn out, and an awesome day!  Thanks to everyone who showed up and made it  great!  I really think that this was the best day I've had since moving to Texas!  (And I LOVE my new pistol!)

(Oh Santa, I'm going to be veryyy good this year, so may I please have a .50 cal of my very own...?)

Now bring on the turkey vids!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I pity the foo'

Ice, Ice Baby!

(Damn, I wish there was video of the Tactical Ballet...)
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Well That's me on the left and that's you on the right. Or is it the other way around. No wait.....that's LeonUK on left and that's bigthicket on the right. Or is that HRT4ME on the left and FALARAK on the right.......

arfcom.superalpha.com/d.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up, LT.  Now I'm going have to change my screen name to Hefty-FED.  Damn, I'm old and fat! No wonder there are no mirrors in my house. They are all broken!

Seriously, I had a great time.  Totally awed by the firepower that showed up. I can't explain why it took me so long to get into the AR stuff and this great forum. I'm proof positive that old dogs can learn new tricks.  I may be slow, but I'm ahead of a lot of my friends.  

Thanks All (and LT)
Be talking to you on the forum.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#37]
As a relative newbie to ARFCOM...I want to say thanks to CnL and M_Mami for a near perfect day, and that aboslutely had to be the best day I can remember with firearms....Hound, thanks for the clear direction/safety and patience not to have fired a single shot all day with all the fun we were having!!!!

You all have impressed me greatly and my next question is....WHEN CAN WE DO THIS AGAIN!!!

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I gots a shitload of pics to go through.  But I'm F'ing tired, so I'll post them in the morning.  

I have

[Beavis]Fire!  Fire! Firefirefire![/Beavis]

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#39]
cheers to all involved in making this happen.

Thanks to all for the weekend. The gunshow, lunch{well, for the opportunity for everyone to sit down and meet}, dinner{sorry, that I missed this part, had munchen duty}, and the awesome shoot today. Helluva good time was had and won't be forgotten for a long long time.

THANKS again to all,

wganz

ETA:> HAIL TO THE CHEF!! That was some fine cooking there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Everyone,

It was great to finally put some faces with some names this weekend. Sp1grrl, ShortywithanAR and I all had a awesome time. Thanks to everyone for letting us pretty much shoot your guns at anytime- it was too much fun.

CnL and MM:
Thank you for the food- it was great to meet you both. Sorry about your cat, I hope it comes back. If it doesn't, it was Jens fault. lol. Damn cat is fast.

Bach- The machine gun sensai. I need a M2 now along with about $50k of other toys. You seem to have more fun letting people shoot your gear than shooting them yourself. Thanks again for the instructions. Alex gets a gold star for starting the range fire. Tell him I want that pack of smokes back that I let him borrow. I know he is only nine but he has to learn that smokes ain't free.

Hound- Range master extraordinare and comedian. For an open range and basically a free for all MG shoot we felt totally safe. Except when the smoked turkey exploded and took out a couple kids next to me (about 70 m from the turkey). It looked like someone RPG'ed a playground. Made me laugh. (it really wasn't bad but I like telling the story that way)

Legs- I didn't even get a hug when you left. WTF? I saw you looking at my ass all day. Just beacuse TRG wasn't there doesn't make it right and I feel like second fiddle to boot. At least you sat in the smoking area with the other cool people.  

Claire, John, Scott, Mike (RenegadeX), Brian, Kevin, Mike again, Ty, FailSAFE and Al- Thanks for the laughs. I am still laughing. I promise to never dance on the firing range again.

MaroonFeather- Thanks for letting us shoot your AR-50. Now I have to get a BMG but at least I don't have to try to sweet talk Jen into it now. She is a convert and that is worth a lot- I owe you about 10 cases of beer.

LeonUK- I hope you had a great time. I also hope you make bail after you tell your mates in the UK what you did on your holiday. Come back and shoot the HK any time. I'll call you when I get to Reading this spring.

Anyone else I met today and forgot to mention- it really was great to meet you all.

Jen is posting the pics and vids here in few mins.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
CnL and MM:
Sorry about your cat, I hope it comes back. If it doesn't, it was Jens fault. lol. Damn cat is fast.

He's back, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Turkey pic:

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#47]
It was a blast !!

Nice to meet everyone we did, Kim and I great time.

You have love that Tannerite, glad I had some extra left over.

Big Fed this is me shooting my new toy Mossberg with the Knoxx stock..smooth and hardly any recoil
what a surprise for a 12g.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
How could I forget?  Here's a classic one of Bach shakin' his moneymaker...

www.mydivadesigns.com/bach.jpg

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top