Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2008 12:44:29 PM EDT
Classifying in a 15kt, gusting 20kt full crosswind, but at least it was dry although damn cold....

Carbines at 75m, Fig 14.
Me: you might want to aim left by a couple of inches..
Instructor: Why?

I've actually just got back from walking the beast.........

..chilling now
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/icarusy625/Crickley170408016.jpg

Birdlip  ???????

Give the man a coconut!

Crickley Hill actually but just up from the Air Balloon RAB, where all your trucks fall over
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Notorious truck falling over and breaking down location...............
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Classifying in a 15kt, gusting 20kt full crosswind, but at least it was dry although damn cold....

Carbines at 75m, Fig 14.

Sounds like you need to swap roles ?

Nice Wolf BTW
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Carbines at 75m, Fig 14.

What calibre?  Might need to aim into a full value wind if using 9mm but not 5.56mm. In those conditions the wind has more of an effect on your body and your aim than on the bullet flight path at that distance.  I don't bother with adjusting for wind at 100m or less on Figure targets with generous scoring rings.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carbines at 75m, Fig 14.

What calibre?  Might need to aim into a full value wind if using 9mm but not 5.56mm. In those conditions the wind has more of an effect on your body and your aim than on the bullet flight path at that distance.  I don't bother with adjusting for wind at 100m or less on Figure targets with generous scoring rings.

It was 5.56mm but out of 9" barrels, so MV's aren't where you might be used to. Anyway the instructor who decided against aiming off lost 50% of his shots downwind with the remaining 50% right of centre

I can't be an instructor because I still have the capacity to listen...........
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice dog mate.

Nick
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/icarusy625/Crickley170408016.jpg

Birdlip  ???????

Give the man a coconut!

Crickley Hill actually but just up from the Air Balloon RAB, where all your trucks fall over

Spent many a happy hour in that layby and at a rather large Pheasant shoot at Brimsfield.

I've never fell over there and this isn't likley to brake down going up there, it has far to much power for that    This is my Truck  

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll keep an eye out...
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Nice dog mate.

Nick

Thanks. He's looking a bit tatty at the moment as he's starting a moult, well more than usual.........
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#12]
A lovely looking Dog, reflects the loving care it gets 24/7, made me think that he was preparing to pounce on some poor unwary soul.

Timlad, nice truck, I don't like that particular shade of green, but a big on the Volvo.

Mine's a Mercedes.

Tony
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'll keep an eye out...

Oh shoite, i'd better make sure the Tacho's are OK !!!!!  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice dog mate.

Nick

Thanks. He's looking a bit tatty at the moment as he's starting a moult, well more than usual.........

Wheres the puppy ?????
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll keep an eye out...

Have you lot gone digital yet?

Tony
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll keep an eye out...

Have you lot gone digital yet?

Tony

The UK went digital on 1st May 2006, My Volvo was registered on 1st April 06 (guess why)
though I didn't put it on the road as it had no body fitted or Fork lift kit
(it has a de-moutable fork lift on the back)

I have a digi-card and have used it twice, the laws regarding them are very complex,
If you dont have one you cant drive a vehicle with one fitted, so my company paid for
every driver to have one (more to cover them I guess) We buy 3 new trucks a year. we
have 6 now with Digi-tachos, belive me, I am better of with an analogue tacho, they are far more
accurate as regards driving time and speed traces, there are alot of problems arrising with digi-tachos / cards

And there is a new tacho coming out in 2012  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#18]
agreed, I'm off to bed now as nick is going to be here in the morning and I have jacked a few nice surprises up for him. I don't know if he'll want to do a thread on it or if I should. Pictures will be taken and posted either way.

G'night all.

Tony
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
agreed, I'm off to bed now as nick is going to be here in the morning and I have jacked a few nice surprises up for him. I don't know if he'll want to do a thread on it or if I should. Pictures will be taken and posted either way.

G'night all.

Tony

I'll probably let tony do the honours as I'm off a short distance to the east of munich on sunday for a couple of weeks - in Munich tonight and getting ready for the surprises - I think one might be a .45 H&K!

Don't worry, I'll be going via the cashpoint

Currently getting my stuff sorted in my rather large hotel room - the upgrade includes free minibar and a lounge with free ale & wine - sadly unable to take advantage due to early start - still there's a silver lining of glocks & ARs!

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll keep an eye out...

You keep forgetting........................I don't do trafficzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice dog mate.

Nick

Wheres the puppy ?????

Why do you think he's licking his lips............
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:46:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice dog mate.

Nick

Wheres the puppy ?????

Why do you think he's licking his lips............

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#24]
i'M off to the range now, I may post a piccy later  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top