Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/14/2010 5:38:40 PM EDT
I'm in the Springs, but if it's a good enough deal I'm willing to drive to wherever to get 'em.

My truck is in need of new tires. They're almost bald, and I just threw the spare on the rear-passenger side to replace one with a leak.

I've gone looking around at Costco, Firestone and Goodyear, and they all seem to be around the $700 range after parts, labor and taxes for 4 of your "baseline" tires of size 245/70R17.

Anyone have any suggestions?

_MaH
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 7:21:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2010 7:23:08 PM EDT by 82nd_Sapper]
I recently went through a massive search for tires 265/70/17 for my truck. First go to tirerack.com to read the reviews on tires.

The Firestone dealer crushed everyone's prices by a couple hundred dollars. The Firestone destination A/Ts were also very highly rated. That sealed the deal for me.

Edit: $650 total for 4 new tires. That includes all mounting balancing fees and taxes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 7:23:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2010 7:25:18 PM EDT by UIVandal]
I bought a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks last fall from Peerless tire @ 6730 N. Academy Blvd. (719) 590-1444. They didn't have the best price, but matched an online quote from Firestone. I found that the prices from Firestone online were cheaper than quotes from local Firestone stores.

Might look at Discount Tire too.

ETA: I also have Firestone Destination A/Ts on our pickup. Heading towards 45K on this set and will probably buy another set next summer.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 10:01:21 PM EDT
You can also check to see if an alternate size will work. Sometimes the price varies wildly for two tires that are dimensionally almost identical. You can play with width / aspect ratio a little bit and find other suitable sizes.

This site will help you find sizes that closely match what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 4:34:01 AM EDT
I typically buy from Discount Tire. The one on Garden of the Gods always seems to be able to get me in and out in a hurry.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:05:49 AM EDT
I would advise against Goodyear. They play warranty games should ever need service––basically their "prorated replacement warranty" isn't based on replacement cost which is magically always higher than the price you paid. A covered new tire with ~10k once cost me $83 UNDER WARRANTY.

You can buy Goodyear tires from Discount who doesn't play these games btw...
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:21:28 AM EDT
I've always had good luck with Discount Tire, but I've bought a few sets from Costco, too, which were lower than Discount at the time.

Big O has never been competitive for anything I've looked at.

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:43:45 AM EDT
I've bought at Discount Tire for years. The big advantage for me is when we travel we can always find an outlet in major cities for rebalance, free repair or replacement.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 7:41:58 AM EDT
Second the Discount on Garden of the Gods. They price match and are pretty quick.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 9:36:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RJK:
I've bought at Discount Tire for years. The big advantage for me is when we travel we can always find an outlet in major cities for rebalance, free repair or replacement.

this is a major factor for me, too. Costco is nearly as good, but obviously not as many locations as Discount. (they are also "America's Tire" in certain locations.

Their website is tires.com.

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 10:07:01 AM EDT
Another happy Discount Tire customer. Bought the tires for my Jeep and Subaru there.

They'll order what I want if they don't have it and not screw around with the price. Turn down the road hazard and you may get offered it for 1/2 off.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 10:45:52 AM EDT
Call DB Speed. They are located between Parker and Elizabeth. Tell them Josh sent you.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 10:40:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/15/2010 10:42:38 PM EDT by d_striker]
Originally Posted By SamK:
Second the Discount on Garden of the Gods. They price match and are pretty quick.

I've gotten two sets of tires from this location also. Good service most of the time.

I only had one bad encounter there. I tried getting my tires rotated and the counter guy said I didn't need to rotate tires on my subaru b/c it's an AWD vehicle. (front tires wear more than rear tires regardless of AWD,FWD, or RWD. Unless you peeling out from every stop in a RWD vehicle.)

I had to tell him that I didn't care what he thoght about AWD vehicles and to rotate my tires. I was as polite as possible but he still made me feel like an asshole for making them rotate my tires. I haven't seen that guy in any visits after.

My gf got some new tires for her Subaru and the guy that sold us them specifically told us what intervals to bring in the car for rotations.

I traded in my Subaru for a 4runner that came with new tires from the dealer. I brought in my 4runner to get the tires rotated and they did it for free even though they weren't the tires I bought from them.

Good fast service every time except for the above mentioned visit. Any future tire purchases will be made here.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 5:06:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By d_striker:
I brought in my 4runner to get the tires rotated and they did it for free even though they weren't the tires I bought from them.

Same thing here too. Asked to have ,non-discount tires rotated, rotated prior to a long trip, they rotated them and did not charge me anything. Just asked that I consider them when it came time to replace them. I bought 4 new ones from them later that year.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 9:16:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LonghunterCO:
Originally Posted By d_striker:
I brought in my 4runner to get the tires rotated and they did it for free even though they weren't the tires I bought from them.

Same thing here too. Asked to have ,non-discount tires rotated, rotated prior to a long trip, they rotated them and did not charge me anything. Just asked that I consider them when it came time to replace them. I bought 4 new ones from them later that year.

same here. once, i was moving and had a nail in my tire. i went to discount and asked to get it fixed––they said no charge, consider us. i said "i'm moving away as soon as you fix it!" they said, "consider us wherever you move to."

even if you didn't buy from them, their price on rotate and balance is not bad at all.

plus, they'll check your air and fill up your tires for free even if you didn't buy from them.

(Big O will give you free washer fluid––keep that in mind if you're ever stuck without it)

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 9:20:31 AM EDT
Discount Tire forsure - they will price match any advertised price locally. 4wheelparts in Commerce City always has cheap prices - all I do is look at their website, find the tires I want (make sure they're in stock) then call Discount - provide them with the link and ask if they can match the price...the answer is always yes. Then go in and purchase my tires - make sure to get the warranty certificates for your tires. This covers any and all warranty issues, free rotation, balance, and flat repairs...it's like $20.00 per tire (well worth it IMHO).

Sakic #19
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 5:51:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2010 5:52:07 PM EDT by Jackal54]
Definitely Discount Tire. Even the Ford dealership sent my new mustang to them to change out the factory rims. Dealership said they had the better equipment for handling cast aluminum wheels. They have been putting tires on my vehicles for 15 years now, and have replaced several tires under the road hazard warranty that were clearly my fault or abuse. No questions asked.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 8:31:35 PM EDT
I've had good luck with Big O Tires, Palmer Park and Powers.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:53:27 AM EDT
Discount Tire is the only place to go. They buy in such great bulk that nobody can beat their prices. Hell I compared them to Costco and Discount had a better price by $3.00! When I sold cars, more often then not, we sent customers to discount because we could not touch their prices!
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 1:21:40 PM EDT
x10 on discount on garden of the gods, ask for billy. tell him mike wiht the big white F350, now the big red cummins, and the toy hauler sent you....
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:29:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mhoffman:
I'm in the Springs, but if it's a good enough deal I'm willing to drive to wherever to get 'em.

My truck is in need of new tires. They're almost bald, and I just threw the spare on the rear-passenger side to replace one with a leak.

I've gone looking around at Costco, Firestone and Goodyear, and they all seem to be around the $700 range after parts, labor and taxes for 4 of your "baseline" tires of size 245/70R17.

Anyone have any suggestions?

_MaH

well, did you end up getting new tires?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:38:52 AM EDT
It may be too far out of your range but you might want to try these guys:

Quality Auto Care & Tires
(303) 421-3033 - 6800 W 38th Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO

They beat Discount Ties on a consistent basis for prices. Warranty is basically the same without charging you for all the extra crap Discount tries to hit you with.

Couldn't hurt to call them and get a quote. Just let them know what model tire and size you are looking for.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:42:24 PM EDT
Performance Wheel and Tire in Englewood. Been going there for 10 years. Just bought a set of wheels from them and Discount wanted $200 more for the same set of 4 wheels!
Top Top