Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2016 2:01:20 PM EDT
While they were building this I was interested in at least trying their food, but the "No Firearms" sign in the window quashed that. I'm just not going to give money to an anti establishment.

But I was wondering if that sign had any legal standing in Virginia?

It's a shame too as it looks like a nice sports bar.

Cheers,
SMS-ret
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Been to a number of them around the country. Food is mediocre.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it does have legal standing.  Private property owners are free to allow or prohibit on their property.

Upon first violation you are typically asked to leave the premises.

Subsequent violation may put you at risk for charges of criminal trespass and loss of your permit.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#3]
As of years ago, the entire mall is no firearms. Years ago I was OC'ing there and a mall security guard stopped me. Apparently they keep the no firearms sign at the customer service center near the middle of the mall and not on the doors at the entrances. May things have changed but, i doubt it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, it does have legal standing.  Private property owners are free to allow or prohibit on their property.

Subsequent violation may put you at risk for charges of criminal trespass and loss of your permit.
View Quote

Ignoring the sign is not a crime in Virginia.

Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

correct but, not leaving when asked to is.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well in some states(Texas) just ignoring the sign will get you arrested and charged with a firearm violation. Luckily Virginia requires people to go the extra mile of being an asshole to take a simple non-firearms charge.

Maybe Texans will wake up and change that given recent happenings in FL.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:54:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Today I learned there is a Tilted Kilt closer to me than Frederick, MD.  BTW, the WInchester VA mall has an entrance sign with a bunch of prohibited things written on it and one is "no firearms", but not a single such sign like the gun crossed out sign.  So, there are lots of non-gov places in VA with such signs that can be legally ignored with CC.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

While they were building this I was interested in at least trying their food, but the "No Firearms" sign in the window quashed that. I'm just not going to give money to an anti establishment.

But I was wondering if that sign had any legal standing in Virginia?

It's a shame too as it looks like a nice sports bar.

Cheers,

SMS-ret
View Quote
The scotch eggs were pretty good.

Everything else was mediocre at best.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the replies. I think this has clarified what I thought originally; i.e. if you carried there, it's not illegal per VA code, but rather the restaurants rules. If they notice, they can ask you to leave, and if you don't the crime is trespassing, not having a firearm in a prohibited locale.

Still not interested in giving them business and concealed still means concealed.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL, the one in Alpharetta closed down, I think because all the girls were pregnant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top