Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/15/2007 5:08:15 PM EDT
The website seems to have been down for the past few days. I tried to email the match director about signing up for my first USPSA shoot, but in two weeks I haven't gotten a response. I think there was a number also, would anyone happen to know it?

I also wanted to check their calendar. Anything happening there this weekend?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:32:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PA452:
The website seems to have been down for the past few days. I tried to email the match director about signing up for my first USPSA shoot, but in two weeks I haven't gotten a response. I think there was a number also, would anyone happen to know it?

I also wanted to check their calendar. Anything happening there this weekend?

Glad to help out a fellow Thurmont IPSC/USPSA shooter. The main schedule for Thurmont and all USPSA (ie IPSC) shoots in Maryland is here:

LINK TO ALL SHOOTS IN MD AND VA

www.vamdsection.org

Looks like next shoot is on August 26th.

To sign up, the email should be:

matchadmin@mpsa.net

Everyone: You do NOT need to join Thurmont or USPSA to particiapte in a shoot. For new shooters, we offer a free 20 min. safety briefing and Q&A before your first shoot where everything is explained & you can ask questions. All you need to be competitve is a handgun of at least .38, 9mm or larger caliber, a belt or IWB holster worn on the hip, a couple of belt magazine holders & 3 or more mags (4 or 5 mags is about ideal).

Anyone that is interested in participating in a shoot and would like more details, please send me an IM (however I will be on annual leave until Sunday night, Aug 19th, so Iwon't be able to answer until Sun or Mon).

CBR

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:28:07 AM EDT
Hmm, well, that's the email address I used to request a spot before with no reply. I just checked, it will be two weeks ago tomorrow.

I just sent another email to the same address asking if they ever got my first email. I guess if I don't get a reply to this one, I'll call the club and see if I can get a number for the guy. The club's site still seems to be down.

I've been shooting a long time, but almost never competitively and not really action style shooting. As a newbie to this kind of event, what can I expect?

Back in May I was there on a Saturday checking out the club and talked to and watched some guys set up for a USPSA shoot for the next day. Now based on what I saw from those guys shooting, I saw an extremely wide variety of skill levels.
Top Top