Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:08:15 PM EDT
The website seems to have been down for the past few days. I tried to email the match director about signing up for my first USPSA shoot, but in two weeks I haven't gotten a response. I think there was a number also, would anyone happen to know it?

I also wanted to check their calendar. Anything happening there this weekend?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The website seems to have been down for the past few days. I tried to email the match director about signing up for my first USPSA shoot, but in two weeks I haven't gotten a response. I think there was a number also, would anyone happen to know it?

I also wanted to check their calendar. Anything happening there this weekend?

Glad to help out a fellow Thurmont IPSC/USPSA shooter.  The main schedule for Thurmont and all USPSA (ie IPSC) shoots in Maryland is here:

LINK TO ALL SHOOTS IN MD AND VA

www.vamdsection.org

Looks like next shoot is on August 26th.

To sign up, the email should be:

[email protected]

Everyone: You do NOT need to join Thurmont or USPSA to particiapte in a shoot.  For new shooters, we offer a free 20 min. safety briefing and Q&A before your first shoot where everything is explained & you can ask questions.  All you need to be competitve is a handgun of at least .38, 9mm or larger caliber, a belt or IWB holster worn on the hip, a couple of belt magazine holders & 3 or more mags (4 or 5 mags is about ideal).

Anyone that is interested in participating in a shoot and would like more details, please send me an IM (however I will be on annual leave until Sunday night, Aug 19th, so Iwon't be able to answer until Sun or Mon).

CBR

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm, well, that's the email address I used to request a spot before with no reply. I just checked, it will be two weeks ago tomorrow.

I just sent another email to the same address asking if they ever got my first email. I guess if I don't get a reply to this one, I'll call the club and see if I can get a number for the guy. The club's site still seems to be down.

I've been shooting a long time, but almost never competitively and not really action style shooting. As a newbie to this kind of event, what can I expect?

Back in May I was there on a Saturday checking out the club and talked to and watched some guys set up for a USPSA shoot for the next day. Now based on what I saw from those guys shooting, I saw an extremely wide variety of skill levels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top