Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/8/2005 8:18:08 PM EDT
Welcome to de club! stay up on hours dont get behind its to hard to make up and if you want to work all deer site come down by me at pistol range, make sure to make the picnic if you can lots of good eats and Mucho Beer
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:29:56 AM EDT
Welcome to the club TJ
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:34:04 AM EDT
Thanks guys.

This has been coming since the New Year's shoot.
I had to let my Saukville membership expire before I could justify the $$ outlay.
RCLRC is much more my speed.

The only thing I can't do there is aerial with rifle.
I'd like to try hitting clay birds with a .22, and there simply isn't any way to do it safely.

The only other thing that caught my attention was that range-hours might be instituted, because the new lighting will encourage folks to stay out late and be disruptive.
I can't afford any good NVG right now, but I'm aiming to, eventually.
I liked the idea that I could access the place whenever I wanted and shake down my gear with some night shooting.
Honestly, I'd rather forego the lights if they come with new club restrictions.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:46:07 AM EDT
The funny thing about those lights, I don't know to many people that will actually use them say in the middle of the night, at most they will probably be used when it's at that, just barely bright enough to see to finish sighting in, time of day. If I go out at night to shoot I'm out there to practice shooting at night in the dark, normaly with the bolt gun, or I'm doing some work on using my gun lights. So you won't catch me using the lights, as they kinda kill the whole reason to be out there in low/no light.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:03:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Throttle-Junkie:

I can't afford any good NVG right now, but I'm aiming to, eventually.
I liked the idea that I could access the place whenever I wanted and shake down my gear with some night shooting.
Honestly, I'd rather forego the lights if they come with new club restrictions.

I counting down the hours till guys like you get outta the ivory towers and into R&D
and come up with the next generation of NVDs...a quantum leap into nano technology or something...
NVDs the size of contact lenses
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:32:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 1:42:50 PM EDT by Throttle-Junkie]

Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

I counting down the hours till guys like you get outta the ivory towers and into R&D
and come up with the next generation of NVDs...a quantum leap into nano technology or something...
NVDs the size of contact lenses

HEH ...
{Laugh}

Never thought of myself as being in an ivory tower over here.

Tell ya what, ...... you can be my agent.

Find me a decent paying job developing next gen NV gear, where I can commute from someplace atleast semi-rural and I'll be all over it.
For your agent's commission I'll make you the official field tester of my prototype toys.

I'm thinking something similar to a ski goggle or aviator goggle that has NV and IR imaging.
It can do a single screen or a split screen of any combination Clear/NV/IR or an NV/IR overlay
It has lasers that measure you eye focus and adjusts the optics accordingly, giving the operator a natural depth perception that is lacking in the current equipment.

Predicted price ......... only .gov can afford it.

Except of course, for my lucky tester that might benefit from a coffee spill on the inventory sheet.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:27:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By photoman:
The funny thing about those lights, I don't know to many people that will actually use them say in the middle of the night, at most they will probably be used when it's at that, just barely bright enough to see to finish sighting in, time of day. If I go out at night to shoot I'm out there to practice shooting at night in the dark, normally with the bolt gun, or I'm doing some work on using my gun lights. So you won't catch me using the lights, as they kinda kill the whole reason to be out there in low/no light.

OK sure thing but you did not say anything about the MP5 at night with the tac lite and eo tech on I did a bunch of night fire in the military 2nd gen nv 72-78 ? tracers flares apit and even seen a W.P. demo one night seen bookoo tracers at the creek mini guns firing 200 rds of tracers BUT the coolest thing I have seen is when you let go on full auto on the H&K with the tac light on I may have to get a BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ some night and stand behind Photo
and have him do a Beta drum with the tac light on.

Also this fall when It gets cooler who's up for a whole day at the club doing some long distance shooting, say start at the 300yd and work our way back I know photos up for it with his sniper gun as well as me with my 700pps I have only shot it at 100yds but I can hit a dime with the first shot cold barrel anyway its good to have you young blood members in the club, I need to have you guys give me some training
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:01:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HKMP5A2:

Also this fall when It gets cooler who's up for a whole day at the club doing some long distance shooting, say start at the 300yd and work our way back I know photos up for it with his sniper gun as well as me with my 700pps I have only shot it at 100yds but I can hit a dime with the first shot cold barrel anyway its good to have you young blood members in the club, I need to have you guys give me some training

I would be up for that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:49:22 PM EDT
Welcome to "The Club" man!
Top Top