Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2005 4:38:42 PM EDT
i was just curious of everyones thoughts on joining the army at the age of 27, what are your thought be honest.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:53:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2005 4:55:11 PM EDT by General_Tso]
Enlisted or OCS? I was really close to siging up for the Army before I was accepted to grad school, and I am 25. What are you doing now?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:45:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:51:35 PM EDT
I went through basic at 27. It is do-able.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:47:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 3:50:01 AM EDT by ICU]
I leave for Benning this fall @ the young age of 30. As long as your mentally & physically prepared, no worries. I'll miss my family(Wife & kids), but such is life. -Justin

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:03:27 PM EDT
Join the Air Force. It's a cleaner lioving. You can teach anyone to shoot a gun but to do it from an airplane Now that's COOL....
Seriously. I was an Air Force Medic for 11 years right out of High School (1988) and if it wasn't for my back surgery I would probably still be in. I loved it personally. I went through many hardships,but you put your faith and trust in your fellow soldier and your discipline to geet you through.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:05:49 AM EDT
I'm 25 and the thought of a military life seems better every day. I should've gone in at 18, now I'm twice as fat and lazy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:33:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
I'm 25 and the thought of a military life seems better every day. I should've gone in at 18, now I'm twice as fat and lazy.

@ 25 you can still get into the best shape of your life, but an 18 year old does not have your additional life experience, education or maturity. Thats the theory I'm running on(literally). -Justin
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:47:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ICU:

@ 25 you can still get into the best shape of your life, but an 18 year old does not have your additional life experience, education or maturity. Thats the theory I'm running on(literally). -Justin

No comment

I do know that ICU has been doing extensive training on MANY levels/topics to prepare for his enlistment, and has my deepest respect.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:15:34 AM EDT

life experience and education maybe, but maturity I think not. I've always wanted to go in some kind of service for the self-discipline. Between being indecisive over which service and startging a graduate degree, I've ended up nowhere. Always wanted to end up border patrol though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:47:17 AM EDT

I leave for Benning this fall @ the young age of 30. As long as your mentally & physically prepared, no worries. I'll miss my family(Wife & kids), but such is life. -Justin

They'll kick your ass around more than the younger ones. My nephew went to the Marines at age 30. He was the oldest in his Company and made it thru. Good Luck and Godspeed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:12:24 AM EDT
i was considering the same path, im 29. yesterday i spoke to a friend of mine who is a di in the marines and he said the same thing. the older guys have it alot harder, they try to break them first, he said its usually easier. good luck
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:17:58 PM EDT
Well........i took my asvab today....got an AQFT score of 80. Tommorow i go for the nut touching and job selection..ill let yal know how i make out..........
Top Top