Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2007 7:43:51 PM EDT
They want to put a fucking round about in at 15th Street and SR14 in Washougal!

What we need is a 4 lane highway with overpasses... so glad we get to pay for the new Viaduct instead
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The only thing I can say is.......... I HATE ROUND A BOUTS!!! The ones that have fucking trees that limit your view of on coming speeders piss me F**king off!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
with all the heavy truck traffic we get through here, and sight seeing rubber necking tourists in the summer, it's a recipe for disaster.  I don't remember seeing how to properly deal with roundabouts in the WA driver's hand book, but every driver deals with them differently anyhow.

For the money, we should have over passes instead.  They would serve the area better.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
with all the heavy truck traffic we get through here, and sight seeing rubber necking tourists in the summer, it's a recipe for disaster.  I don't remember seeing how to properly deal with roundabouts in the WA driver's hand book, but every driver deals with them differently anyhow.

For the money, we should have over passes instead.  They would serve the area better.

Most people here don't even know how to do navigate a 4 way stop, let alone a round about

You should see the postcard(if you didn't get it).. it even makes it impossible to drive over it

First thing that needs to be done is widen 14.. but that won't happen. Never fucking mind we are going to get hit with another $.05 increase.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 12:20:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea, like a roundabout is gonna help slow traffic on the 14.....nitwits....
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I actually think roundabouts are a good idea in areas where traffic does NOT move quickly.  The volume of traffic is not really very important, just the speed.  However, it does not tend to work well in the states because many of us have a problem communicating our intentions with other drivers.  It's my opinion that at least 75% of drivers consider blinkers optional (or if they use them, use them properly).  Also, as is commonly seen on freeway onramps, many people do not understand the concept of "yield" and instead understand it like a BMW driver to mean everyone else must yield.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#6]
New Jersey calls them "traffic circles".  That state used to be riddled with them.  Thing is, they used to be much larger, where you would slow down from 45-55 to about 35, negotiate the circle and get back up to speed.  They have also gone away for the most part.  Traffic circles were deemed unsafe.  Accidents were quite common in them.  Tourists / foreigners had no fuckin' idea how to negotiate them.  Ironically, neither did the natives.

It's great to see the Washington Department of Transportation lag about 50 years behind the curve again.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There's a stop light where they want to put this silly thing in..
In the mornings 14 is stop and go till it becomes divided 4 lane highway

I know where that is. I've driven through it plenty of times.

I have a buddy who lives in Vancouver who used to own a home out in Washougal.

We also head out past there to some pretty good shooting spots in the woods east of Washougal.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#8]
As protest i usually run the Isuzu striaght through em. So if you see a roundabout with tore up grass it was probly me...
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There's a stop light where they want to put this silly thing in..
In the mornings 14 is stop and go till it becomes divided 4 lane highway

I know where that is. I've driven through it plenty of times.

I have a buddy who lives in Vancouver who used to own a home out in Washougal.

We also head out past there to some pretty good shooting spots in the woods east of Washougal.

There's some great spots in the woods north of Vancouver Nothing quite on the same level as LCR, but I've found a couple pits that are great.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
As protest i usually run the Isuzu striaght through em. So if you see a roundabout with tore up grass it was probly me...

The only ones I know of around here all have shit in the center to prevent that
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#11]
But, but, but it's how they do it in Europe...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top