Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2005 2:01:22 PM EDT
...Rib America Festival.

Going Saturday to see The Nuge
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:36:21 PM EDT
Went to that 1 or two years ago. We figured the rib prices would be cheap to encourage people to try them. [charlie murphy] WRONG, WRONG [/charlie murphy] We won't be back until the prices are reasonable.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:03:28 AM EDT
I went to that last year and I will NEVER go back. It was over crowded and had to wait in line for 45 min to get some undercooked ribs. I could understand the undercooked ribs due to the shear volume of people there. Most of the people that is drawn there are very rude and need to figure out what deodorant is.

chuck
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:31:16 AM EDT
Well, I have to say that I agree that the rib prices were somewhat steep I didn't see any difference between this and any other concert I have been to. The crowds were there, (it is supposed to be like that), the beer was expensive, (always is at a privately promoted event), and the music was great.

Nugent rocked!!!

He wasted no time in extolling the virtues of gun ownership, laid waste to the Michael Moores, the Ted Kennedy's and the PETA's of this world. Of course, out came the guns at the end of the show...

My wife and I had cocktails and food at the Bourbon St pub over on Vermont before we walked the couple of blocks along the canal to the venue, straight through the gate with no hassle, quickly found a spot about 60 feet back from the stage and set up our chairs.

The band Cowboy Mouth was a good warm up to the fireworks and then The Nuge took the stage and sent everyone wild with his usual "unique" style. His "shoot a looter" calls bought out huge cheers...

All in all a great evening, I'd go again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:52:34 PM EDT
I made it there too. I have been in the past so I ate a big dinner before I went. I did not spent a dime. I was around 15 yards in front of the stage. I have spent good money for seats that close in the past. He had at least 8-10 guns on stage as props. It was a good concert, he played allot of old stuff. I only saw one girl take her top off though.
Top Top